Higley Quit DAYS?

• Members

That's pretty juicy! Why can I not muster even a tiny ounce of sympathy for Dena? I really am a compassionate person and I know that she's a good person who has overcome hardships and done many good deeds (and for that I admire her), but I just looked deep inside my heart and . . . nothing with Higley's name on it resides there as far as her trials and tribulations as a headwriter are concerned.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's a teensy bit extreme, don't you think? :lol: The rest of their lives? I have enough things to be ashamed about IRL and lying on my death bed one day -- this will not be one of them.

I have always thought Ed Scott was technically an excellent producer. Stephen Nichols' blog also talked about how he stepped in when he was first hired and improved scenes and got the younger newbie actors to step up to the plate acting-wise. If this is a bad thing, what is the point of even producing?

I think somebody needs to explain to me what exactly Ed Scott did which was so illegal, because I don't understand the full import of Nelson's column. When Tony Geary and Genie Francis used to improvise scenes under Gloria MOnty and later Claire Labine, everybody ran around saying they -- and GH -- were f*cking geniuses. Days has vets who have been there forever and know their character better than any of the newbie writers who are parachuted in to "save the show" with little clue as to what Days is about. So why shouldn't they contribute or collaborate in the crafting of their character?

Honestly, I just want an explanation. Is it to do with union rules and regulations?

• Members

IMHO, MBE & SN are obviosu choices as to people whpo have done this. But again, i dont blasme them. They were not only allowed but encourged to.

as for NB - when BD came back after lucas got out of jail he did that interview saying there was a woman that would enter Lucas' life. so... idk. i wouldnt say chloe came out of nowhere.

• Members

Hmmm..so the questions are will

Ed Scott be removed as EP?

Will Dena Higley be wooed back by Corday?

Who are the actors involved?

And what west coast is having the same problems?

So much juicy stuff. :o

• Members

Oh, OK, thanks.

But when Tony Geary, Maurice Benard, Steve Burton et al., do improv or order scenes to be rewritten over at GH... that's totally fine and within the legal parameters, correct?

• Members

I blame the entire industry.

To let actors dictate what will be written on a show.......that is most unprofessional.

But......even though on one stance I see where Dena is coming from (if the actors were throwing out all of her material with the EP's permission, she may have the right to be upset) her coming on as HW cost the previous writing team their jobs.

For that.......I can't have any sympathy.

• Members

as far as i know its one thing to chnage lines around and do some improve and another to rewrite the entire script.

it seems like there is proof scott and a few actors/actress did a lot more then edit some lines around. he had a line in there about the proof.

• Members

OK soap actors, we need to have a talk. STOP DICTATING STORY. [!@#$%^&*], now I know why Irna Phillips practically considered actors to be cattle. IMO, she would be APPALLED by the star status that soap actors have these days because, in her mind, the star was the show itself, the ensemble. As much as I hate to defend some rather heinous writers, writing a soap by commitee is even worse than having one writer screwing things up. At least in the latter situation, we know who to blame.

Archived