Higley Quit DAYS?

• Members

I do think its more than an ep/hw not getting along. this seems to be an ep that is rewriting everything the hw mis writing. not only that he in encourging the cast to reqrite as well. it an ep's job to take control and make sure things run smooth. this is not smooth.

KC is one of those people who swoops in every 3-6 months and says what he wants and gives a 'plan to save days' interview then jets off until a few months later. thats the biggest issue. he either need to make sure it all plays out and ahve a clear plan or back out.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is a difference between ad-libbing/changing lines and basically thinking you're a fecking head writer. Changing/re-writing stories is VERY different than changing lines.

The GH actors who usually do that (such as Nancy and Rick) say that as long as the context of the scene doesn't change, they can get away with changing lines. Many actors do it.

Having stories rewritten (and I don't mean going to writers and having it done, I mean doing it yourself) is wrong and shouldn't be tolerated.

• Members

His is a very affecting, personal take. ITA with him from the context that all this mess is killing the industry. Somebody needs to take control. There should be a HW and EP with clearly defined roles and then those two run the show. Period. That's it. No interference from anybody else (actors, the network, the production company) unless it is an absolute emergency.

As for getting actors to collaborate and rejig stuff so that it is more in the spirit of the character and the show -- I admit it does blur the lines horribly. But I am not 100% against it. Especially if, say, Diane & Alexis are the end result.

• Members

Let's see: nobody cares for Passions, it's definitely not B&B since Brad Bell is both producer and writer which leaves us with GH and Y&R.

Haven't watched GH in eternity but I guess it's the same old cr*p and Guza's ego which leaves us with Y&R...

...although I suppose this is no longer the case. But before most of LML scriptwriter croonies were let go I guess that there happened quite some "polishing". Who knows?

• Members

I agree, I agree, I agree.

But what if you want to get things changed/fixed (as an actor or EP) and NOBODY LISTENS. Time and again, they don't listen.

You have NO RECOURSE. Nobody above you listens.

Do you just sit there and say/play the sh*t? Or do you try to save your show?

When is mutiny justified?

• Members

I don't even know what to say, I mean, I'm happy that hack is gone(I'm sure if she did have the freedom to write her own stuff without Ed and the actors interfering, the show would still be crap), but I think someone needs to step in and let Ed and the actors know that this bull s.hit will not be tolerated and that they are being payed to do the job they were hired for, if they don't like it, vet or not, hit the door. But something tells me there is more to this story that Nelson's not telling. Hmm..............

• Members

Amen Ryan.

As I have said on another board - if the blind item from SOD is true that a producer was sleeping with an actress and it is Ed Scott and this actress - then I am not even sure the motive would be what is best for the show. It may just boil down to an actress trying to get ahead in the business and using the producer to further her cause. All this may not even be about trying to better Higley's writing but this actress trying to get ahead and Ed Scott thinking with the wrong head.

Archived