Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

So true! And I know which version I prefer. 

Please register in order to view this content

I can concede that they've had some good stories and introduced some good characters in the last 20-25 years, but when you compare that to the first two decades it's like night and day.

Beautifully said, and I agree with every word. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I no longer have free access to view the series, but even so, I'd still like to know that Emmerdale was being managed properly. It still boggles my mind that TPTB allowed so many members of the Sugden family to be slaughtered over the decades, often for no discernible reason. They should have tried to minimize this mistake a long time ago, by making sure more blood members of the family were born/introduced.

What a shame.

• Members

Cain got beat up by a group of young thugs! What a delightful start to the new year!!  

Maybe now he'll realize that he's too old to resort to his fists whenever he has a problem.

They don't give a damn about the Sugdens anymore and haven't done for ages. Just look at the way Victoria has been treated. And the only value they see in Robert is as part of a pairing with Aaron.  

It's a disgrace, but sadly that's the way it is.

• Members

@I Am A Swede I sent you three episodes. 

There are rumors going around that ITV3 is going to begin airing Emmerdale repeats. Unfortunately they only start at the arrival of the Tate family. I know that's way too late for most here. 

I'll be glad to get to see the '90s intact, and 2000-2003, but I do wish we got the earlier years. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This whole thing with Lachlan is ridiculous! He's a teenage boy, not some seasoned criminal. When did he get the connections to be able to smuggle in a cell phone in prison and arrange for someone to terrorize Belle on the outside? 

It's hard to imagine now that once upon a time this show was actually realistic!  

• Members

Well, I guess that Joseph must be alive somehow, because I don't know how else they will be able to keep Cain, Graham or even Moira on the show now. Not that I would be sad to see any of them go of course, but I hardly think that they're leaving. Because if Debbie keeps quiet about this then she sinks to a new low, and heaven knows she starts from an already low position.

• Members

Are we supposed to feel sorry for Cain? Because I'm not, not at all. Quite the opposite. It's impossible for me to muster any sympathy at all for Cain, or Graham or even Debbie. They're all unpleasant, unlikeable characters and they deserve everything they get. I do feel sorry for Noah though. He's the only real victim in this mess.

• Members

Someone tweeted this in regards to Robert's attempts to get rid of Billy. A more accurate description of him and Aaron would be hard to find....

"Robert the snake up to his old tricks to protect his grown husband Aaron whom everyone treats like an innocent child - though he isn't . This manipulation will backfire on Robert and Aaron, them they'll whine again."

This person is my new hero. He/she apparently hates Debbie just as much as I do.  

https://twitter.com/lalavie444

Edited by I Am A Swede

• 2 weeks later...