EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I just stumbled across Johnny and Danny.....love how innocent and sweet Johnny is. His family is so supportive (aside from his mother) and I just find it all heart warming.

As for the mom I know we're supposed to hate her but she rings so authentic to me and I absolutely love her. Its obvious how much she loves her son and how the thought of him being hurt by this whole new world is killing her.....

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Well I wish Patsy the best of luck; however, I see her chances are slim of landing a role. But I am glad that Bianca is leaving the square. Bianca irks my nerve and I feel that she has not brought anything to the show since Pat's death. I do hope that Liam, Tiffany, and Morgan stick around and are raised by Carol and David. Whitney, however, can go too. She's really been irrelevant for the longest--since her story with Tony all those years ago was the last time I was invested in Whitney. She should've left with Tyler, but now that Bianca is leaving, I hope that DTC uses this as a to get rid of her too....

• Members

He does seem to love all of his creations, doesn't he? Even the ones that have run their course: Fatboy. DTC has certainly rebooted the show to pre-2010. Not all of it being that great, though.

What do people here think of the Carters overall? It's hard to gage an objective view on DS, as they seem to be having a love-in over the fabulousness of the entire family.

ETA: Also, what do you all think of the Max/Lucy twist?

Edited by Ben

• Members

I haven't watched enough to say. The Max/Lucy stuff sounds like a bad joke. More DTC parodies. He has no ability to write proper soap. He never did. He will always just see Max as a walking hardon.

DS makes me laugh. They are always so blatant in their biases. They fawned over DTC and Santer like they were on the payroll, and hated EE when anyone else was in charge. Now DTC is back and it's the best show ever!!! Just as Corrie was only a good show when they could shill for Collinson.

No wonder their forums seem so deserted now.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

DS does have a few that go OTT with praise & with slating lol Understandable in a way as both Santer & DTC have done some great stuff.

Most of the others have given me times of not watching/enjoying the show.

They do seem blind to the faults atm though, Lucy and Max for a start which imo is out of character for them both.

I was going to type my thoughts on the upcoming story but can't see spoiler button lol so i'll reply to that point later

• Members

I've been a fan of Danny Dyer & Kellie Bright for Years, so slightly biased but I like them all. Can't comment on Lee though as i've only seen 1 ep.
I think they all seem believable as a family,

I am abit confused on the history though as Shirley had her own family plus she brought up Mick/Tina for abit. Guessing Micks older than he looks lol
The 1 I wasnt sure about was Tina but I think bringing her into Cindy's story really helped.