EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm thinking the funeral directors are behind it too. Possibly for financial reasons (to generate business) and I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again/this is the first of many deaths.

Was Charlie busy when Lucy died? I know he was interacting with Ronnie around that time, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is killer. Maybe Lucy saw something she didn't need to see (i.e. a very much alive Nick).

I think Jake and Terry are too obvious to be the killers.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Alfie's turning on the cheeky chappy charm to get customers after nearly ditching his stall was cringeworthy. It's exactly situations like this that I really wonder if EE's writers ever know what happens in the real world. Because that sort of thing never does.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

I just feel, to this day, that Kat and Alfie have never been a good couple. I think the idea of Kat and Alfie looked nice on paper but the reality is different. I always believed that Kat loved Alfie (the "man in the moon") because he "rescued" her from feeling "dirty" but wasn't actually in love with him. I know this might appear to be a bit unseemly given her past but I always thought a powerful older man (15 years or so older) would have been a better partner for her-someone who would help her develop into the dynamo she really could be. A benign Henry Higgins/Svengali type who she'd co-own the Vic with.

Why are Tina, Tosh, Jake and Aleks all being isolated together in a flat? They're all new characters. Not the way to go, show.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

I was on DS and someone was blaming Corrie for EE's ratings declining again, because Corrie is supposed to be the standard and is bringing everyone down.

I had a good laugh over that. If EE is already losing ratings after that big "Who Killed Lucy" hype, that's on them.

• Members

EE seems to have turned into The Lauren Show. And that's not a good thing.

Linda said that Eurovision was her and Johnny's "thing." And she couldn't tell he was gay from THAT? Wow.

Phil got teary eyed AGAIN during another of Ian's bleating fits. Sorry, I didn't buy it for a second. McFadden is doing a disservice to his character by allowing him to "get emotional."

Ben is out of prison? Already? Jeez...

Edited by TimWil

• Members

Is it true there was a retcon in terms of when Shirley walked out on her family? It was apparently establshed back in 2007 that Dean had been abandoned by Shirley when he was a baby yet in last night's episode it was mentioned that she walked off when he was five?

Good God, the actor playing Les Coker is awful. It's like he's wandered onto the show from a Rank horror film from the 70s where he was playing a 19th century ghoulish crypt keeper.

Timothy West (Stan), however, is already giving some of the best performances this show has ever had (and yes, I've watched from the very beginning).

Edited by TimWil

• Members

Terrible news, Michael French is leaving again. I wonder how soon before it's announced that Lyndsey Coulson is leaving again too. With Bianca leaving soon too, who does Carol have now?

I guess you can say the Branning extension, but I've never really looped Carol in with them too strongly, as she's forever Carol JACKSON in my mind. I guess Sonia too, but Sonia also functions independently of the Jackson clan in my mind given that her peak years on the show were without them.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s2/eastenders/scoop/a571701/eastenders-michael-french-leaving-david-wicks-role.html?utm_source=twt&utm_medium=snets&utm_campaign=twitter#~oEyPVmnULA8pCJ

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

I never expected Carol and David to be anything serious anyway. Those two are too dysfunctional together and apart to ever make it work between them, that's how its always been.

I'v also heard that when Bianca leaves (possibly with her annoying ass kids), it will be the first time someone with links to the Butcher family (by marriage, divorce, or just blood related) hasn't been on the show since 1988. Thank goodness Janine functions independently as a character and can return without family - I need her back somehow over the next 3-5 years (sooner, but not likely).

Edited by BetterForgotten