EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Mel was one of my least favourite characters during that 98-02 era, which I otherwise loved and probably consider "my era" of the show as that's when I really started to follow it seriously, via recaps and research online at least.

In some ways I can see why the revamp Robinson brought on was needed, but in other ways, it probably led the show down the wrong direction that its never really come back from. Does anyone remember the stylized opening and closing segments from that era that were sometimes used? It was so un-EastEnders.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't remember any stylized opening/closing segments on EE, BetterForgotten, what were they like?

Hugely enjoyed Alex Ferns' brief appearance on last night's 24: Live Another Day as a sadistic interrogator. Ferns got to use his natural Scots accent and it was fun seeing what Trevor Morgan would have been like if he'd fallen in with a bunch of psycho arms dealers.

• Members

As played by Josh Taylor or Wayne Northrop, Bright Eyes? Heh. I wonder if Perry Fenwick still has a hot little bod. I remember being pleasantly surprised by him when Billy did a mock strip routine with Gus and Alfie (I think) and he was in really good shape.

• Members

Given that the ratings haven't had much of a recovery in spite of the heavy Carter focus, I wonder if the BBC is eventually going to have enough.

I don't think it helps that the Lucy story is such an anticlimax.

Danny Dyer's become Tyrone from Corrie.

I didn't recognize Matt di Angelo at first.

Stan looks like Sandy from Emmerdale.

• Members

I didn't have much of an opinion at first, but now they remind of the way the di Marco's were force-fed, and I'm just over it. At least Matthew Robinson and John Yorke had the good sense to chop most of them, I don't see anything putting a stop to this Carter infestation soon.

They're DTC's pet project and he wants everyone to know about it, and judging by the spoilers, it seems like Sharon's upcoming story will turn into a story about poor old f.uckin' Shirley.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Chelsea herself was underdeveloped.

I wonder if they're going to try Stacey and Dean again, and try to shoehorn her in with the Carter's. Remember that terrible story where Chelsea and Dean tried to frame Sean Slater for attacking Patrick?

Carly was always a waste and the actress sucked ass. Does anyone remember her romp with Jake Moon? Disgusting.

• Members

I agree about Carly. Kellie Shirley was really bad casting. She was downright obnoxious and not attractive in any way.

I also agree about Shirley. I simply don't think she should have had a family built around her-she's much more interesting as a lone wolf.

I'm no fan of Tina's but I like the other Carters. Linda strutting out of Walford East tube station in an episode this week made me realize that she is very much like who Peggy Mitchell was at her age, down to her socially conservative values. Something tells me Peggy would have had a very hard time dealing with either of her boys ending up being gay.