EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

What do you expect when it's two episodes all about Bianca's annual poverty plight and her going another round with the loan sharks (it's all repeat and rehash with Bianca), Carol being dirt broke and going all Breaking Bad, pointless Terry, Nikki, Donna and Alfie scenes?

The highlight was Roxy and Aleks.

laugh.png @ Shabnam staring at the half-eaten sandwich, then running off, starving due to Ramadan. And Cora hushing Mo when she guessed that Cora's real name is Carol.

The Jacksons/Butchers being dirt broke doesn't make any sense. I can't believe that between Carol and Whitney, they couldn't have scrapped together £350 without hawking jewellery and headphones. Ridiculous that Carol has no savings at all, and that Whitney (who has a job), could only contribute £20. Then Sonia appears, and not once does she offer to contribute - a woman who works as a nurse, should be able to lend her mother the money. Unbelievable. Carol's always been a martyr to own coarse, but she's become even more mardy. She morally judges Tina for selling weed, threatening her with the cops, like the girl's selling crystal meth, only to ask to be let in on the deal, all so they could go all Breaking Bad. I just can't with this lot. Too contrived.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, Michael French was a huge loss. I didn't realise how much, or that it would happen so damn quickly.

There's a lot of potential being wasted, which is a shame. I understand that they don't have the use of certain actors and characters, and that the summer is usually quiet on the story front, but if they're going to churn out filler, then at least make it good filler.

• Members

EE is one of those shows that in the last decade lives and dies on hype, more than quality. As long as the DS hordes and some of the press do their "clap louder," as they did during Santer/DTC, the show itself is irrelevant.

• Members

On tonight's WLIW broadcast (July 2005) Dot said to Johnny and Tina that Jim had "two grown children" and Jim didn't correct her. HUH? Weren't Carol, April, Suzy, Derek and Max established years previously? And Jack was a retcon?

Edited by TimWil

• Members

Anthony's scenes with Kat were awesome. I loved them as a couple back in the day, and you could see they still had chemistry. But, I thought his guest appearance ended on a negative and sour note. He basically came back to say that he wasn't going to look after Patrick, b/c he's got enough on his plate and still holds a grudge from all those years ago when Patrick wasn't around during his childhood. He could have said all that in a one-sided phone call to Denise.

I don't remember Anthony leaving the last time holding on to this grudge against Patrick. It seemed very cold and callous, and kind or random. I know they couldn't have Patrick move to Scotland to be cared for by Anthony, as the story would be over, but they could have come up with something much better that didn't make Anthony look like a jerk.

On a separate note, I see they're doing their best to reboot Sharon to the character she once was by giving her self assured lines, like: (Linda: "You're Sharon Rickman.") "No. I'm Sharon Watts!" I did like her blackmailing the Mitchell's ex-bent lawyer, Marcus Christie, plotting to leave Phil penniless.

• Members

Kat and Anthony were nice until the whole thing with Zoe. I never liked those two sharing men, it was a bit revolting, but they do still have chemistry.

They are clearly trying to reboot Sharon back to 1995. She even had the same hairstyle last night as the one she had when she left Grant and the show in 1995.

• Members

I agree about Anthony-that just didn't ring true to me. Nice to see him, though.

DRW50, I really wish you'd watch last night's episode. It was camptastic. I know you're not a fan of the Carters but Linda is really proving herself to be a viable friend for Sharon-the first one since Michelle which actually seems believable to me. Mick and Ian? That's another story.

Edited by TimWil