EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Tom was a retconned character that was Sharon's love interest soon after she returned in the early 00's. He was given a false backstory of having grown up with Sharon, Ian, and Mark Fowler, even though the character never existed in the 80's. There was some type of quick love triangle with Sharon, Phil, and Tom, but it really didn't go anywhere.

He was only on the show was for like 6 months, and was one was the first character axed when Louise Berridge became EP in 2002. He obviously died in the fire Little Mo and Tremor set in their final standoff. Aw, memouries, I miss those days.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Only playing devil's advocate, here, BetterForgotten, but isn't it possible that Tom and his family had moved away before February 1985 which is when the residents of Walford were introduced? I did feel sad we missed the first time Ian's head had been pushed into a toilet bowl.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

laugh.png

Yeah, public school, AKA private school, boarding school, and independent school. Not to be confused with state-funded school, which sounds like it should be public!

For a small country, we do have a strong north-south divide with naming things. The dinner/lunch thing bugs me, too.

On another note, I really hate how Sharon looks like she's just stepped out of the 90s. I'm all for rebooting the character back to her 90s glory days (seeing as they don't know how to develop her any other way), but there's no reason why she has to dress like a 90s reject.

So, Nick Cotton is alive - tell us something we didn't already know, EE! They could have had this "twist" months ago. And lets not mention the stupid, contrived debt story, that turned out to be a big fat plot device, of which Bianca will learn nothing from. rolleyes.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Jake Wood does have a nice tush, it looked pretty good on Monday's episode. He'll be on Strictly Come Dancing this fall where his posterior will be getting a strenuous workout.

The actor who played Guppy, Meena's fiance in 1995, has died.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/aug/21/lyndam-gregory

Edited by TimWil