EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah, I'm keeping that whole random outcome in mind. Complete let down that was.

So far Lucy's murder has been written better - the emotional fallout at least. It does have a good creative edge over other murder mysteries, which usually follow a formulaic pattern.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes! I'm glad that she's getting showcased more nowadays. I felt that past regimes didn't know what to do with her. I'm glad that DTC might see her as being one of his crown jewels (along with Adam Woodyatt and Lindsey Coulson)

I thought I was the only one that felt that way. :P I really feel that this character is pointless and hope her days are numbered.

• Members

What is it with EE and creating obnoxious disabled characters? I really don't get why she needs to be a regular character - recurring at best. It feels unnecessary having Bianca and Kat involved in another war with a market trader.

• Members

Hi, everybody, I had the great (albeit exhausting) pleasure of reading posts here dating from 2008 onwards beginning last Thursday. Well, I finally caught up now and am ready to post. I've been really impressed with all of you, particularly Y&RWorldTurner, DRW50, Ben, Edward Skylover, Ann_SS , sylph among many others. I hope I can contribute something of interest here and/or to simply express an opinion.

I have very mixed feelings about the Lucy murder mystery. On the positive side it's already brought in the issue of internet trolling and Diane Parish got to give one of the performances of her EE life in last night's episode, as a result. However, if other boards are any indication, I'm fairly alone in my opinion that the Phil/Ian scene on Friday's episode was a piece of phony baloney which I didn't buy for a second.

I look forward to parrying back and forth with you all. In a respectful manner, of course!

Edited by TimWil

• Members

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Reading all those posts from 2008 (OK, I might have skimmed through some discussions of Kat/Alfie) I found it fascinating reading predictions/views/fantasies about certain storylines/characters. For instance, was it you, DRW50, who surmised that when Shabnam returned she would be a more severe, religious young lady? That was right on the money!

Anyway, thanks again. I really enjoyed reading through the posts and look forward to some good to-ing and fro-ing.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

You should, DRW50. Heh. So who do you think Lucy's murderer is? The moment Pam Coker asked Alfie for the black arm band and he declared that she was "lovely" she shot right up to the top of my suspects list and that was a few days before the Twitter "spoiler."

• Members

Well, Terry's leaving in a few months but I think he might actually end up being a victim.

Yep, that Stan (Timothy West) ain't fooling anyone. Dude can walk.

I think it's a tad premature to declare that EE going through a "golden era" but I love Grace Dent's writing, anyway.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/reviews/grace-dent-on-tv-lucy-beales-death-hails-new-golden-era-for-eastenders-9311234.html

Edited by TimWil

• Members

the fact the guy who wrote the spoiler keeps promoting it on another site, makes me think 100% from his head. Not that it couldnt happen lol

I saw the Pam/Alfie scene as her clever way of making more money on her flower stall, as if she also refused noone would by from her to leave outside Ian's.