EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Actually, the Pat/Janine scene was meant as a catalyst for Pat to confront Carol about her affair with Connon and the effects it has had on Bianca and Whitney.

I think their supposed to share a scene about this on Thursday.

Pat and Carol have been very civil to one another this time around, and especially since Billie's died. It will be a nice reminder, as they'll never really be friends, even though they care for many of the same people.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Tonight's episode was really strong, barring Heather's pathetic ass, Ian being a wimp, and Christian's crying scenes.

I loved Pat laying down the law on Carol.

Nina Wadia was really good too. I actually wouldn't mind an affair between Zainab and Yusef now, they share a lot of chemistry.

Lydia is playing Janine. I think there's potential in the two of them trying to upstage one another. I'm awaiting Pat and Lydia reconnecting.

I was happily surprised that Pat brought up Diane running away from home when she and Ricky were discussing Whitney.

I think there's been a lot character moments and the right amount of plot in the recent episodes. The show seems to have a lot going for itself at the moment.

The scenes with Pat, Ricky, and Janine in Pat's kitchen were great too. I loved how Ricky hugged Pat with tears in his eyes when the police released him.

The more I think about it, Pat's long absence had to be Pam St. Clement's doing, hence them adding in Pat having heart problems while in New Zealand to keep her away for a long time.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I didn't really mind the Heav stuff. I found it cute when she realized she had a match.

Zanaib visiting Syed was very emotional. And now I find myself torn between who I want with Yousef. I really like him and Denise together but there is alot of chemistry with Yousef & Zanaib as well.

So happy Pat is back! Loved the Lydia & Janine scenes. I have a feeling this storyline will be great.

• Members

Todays episode was PERFECT! Any episode that features Dot and Pat as two strong matriarchs is a good episode in my book. Love how Whitney and Ronnie all sought comfort from Dot. The script was wonderful as well, loved Pat's scenes with Whitney in her bedroom.

And if I didn't hate Phil before today, I definitely did after this episode :lol: For the first time in quite awhile I felt for Zainab as a character.

Edited by MichaelGL

• Members

Those were the high points of the episode. I'm glad Tanya is getting some home truths. Tanya is so insecure but I would have more sympathy for her if she were not so smug all the time. I'm glad the show didn't take the easy way out and pass Cora off as a loveable curmudgeon. The only distracting thing about Cora is she looks like a tranny stuck in the Old West.

I'm really starting to like Greg, and the relationship with Tanya is starting to seem more balanced. Too bad this didn't happen sooner but I hope this isn't just the prelude to his exit.

Sick to death of Jane all she does is drink and then trash Ian. They should have let Laurie go on her maternity leave early.

Pat trying to explain to a distant Whitney about the time she first became a prostitute was a beautifully done scene, very understated. I don't care about Whitney, but I like seeing the ripple effects her problems have on her family.

Poor Zainab, she should have known no one can ever beat Phil. Even with the degrading end it was still a very intense scene, and very rare for these two titans to meet.

Using Dot as a home for lost characters was a clever idea and June Brown was at her best with Ronnie. I just wish they hadn't ruined Ronnie so long ago and that I believed Jack as a doting father.

I thought the Masood drama was a real high spot of last week, I watched some of that again and again. After a poorly written year the family is finally becoming more complex than ever, and for the first time I actually care about Christian/Syed and sort of like Syed. That's a minor miracle, as last year I usually just wanted him to stop sniveling and leave.

• Members

I don't ever want to imagine this show without Dot.

Dot is the one character that everyone on the show knows and can interact with naturally. She's a real pillar of the community. If she ever leaves, that will be lost forever.

I know she left briefly in the mid 90's, but I think Dot has taken more of a central role since she came back in '97 and is too embedded into the fabric of Walford.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I really enjoyed most of this one. Great character interaction, friendship and tenderness along with conflict, and Stefan Booth is just beautiful. With a non-waxed chest!

I can't stand anything with Ian/Jane but even that wasn't as annoying this time.

I still can't get into the baby swap story but I hope after this I will connect more to Kat again.

• Members

This is quite surprising news...I can only think of one other occasion on a UK soap where a role has been recast so quickly (when the original actress playing Blanche Hunt committed suicide).

EDIT: oh and they also recast Glenda before the first even made it on to screen...and there's been a few examples of guest characters being recast when they've wanted to bring the character back(Bradley's mum) but I mean it's rare to recast a character so abruptly once the character has already appeared.

Edited by Dion