EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm kind of sad that Kat and Alfie return two weeks after Peggy's final episode, I was hoping for some overlap, but oh well.

I always liked Alfie and Peggy's relationship, he was one of the few non-Mitchells that she genuinely liked and treated like a son. I remember in Kat and Alfie's last episode(the Christmas 2005 episode) where Alfie told Peggy that no matter what, she'll always be a special woman to him and he wouldn't forget all she did for him.

Kat and Peggy also had some very strong scenes after the Harry reveal. I remember one where after Kat comes into the Vic with people looking at her strangely and then screaming, crying, and running out, and Peggy went after her and told her that they were both survivours and they had move on from what Harry did to them.

Anyway, I hope they won't tone Kat's wardrobe down too much. I know it's been 5 years and people mature, but Kat will always be my lovable tart with a heart. :)

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Yeah it's a shame they won't get to see each other. Alfie won't have a lot of strong connections on his return and thanks to other botched returns, and a general sense of malaise or resentment some fans might be feeling lately if DS is any indication, it will be tough to get a good return. I hope they can work it out.

• Members

It's funny though, Kat/Alfie were considered the highlight of the Lousie Berridge era when everything else seemed to be hated on by the press and fans. I don't know if it was Berridge, or because Tony Jordan was still there to take care of Kat and Alfie.

It will be interesting to see how they fair without Tony Jordan, he loved them, especially Kat, so much. Even during the tumultuous 2003-2005 period, I can't say much damage was done to her or she was ever really out of character. I think we can thank Tony Jordan for all of that.

I think if they're working at the Vic, they'll get a good opportunity for a solid return. It's a place they have history with, and it will place them at the center of the square, and they will easily get to interact with many characters, especially those who weren't around when they were last on the show.

I guess they could be a more contemporary Pat/Frank. :lol:

Speaking of Pat, I like seeing so much of her lately. I hope she won't be on the eternal backburner once Peggy is gone. Pat's presence just makes the show feel like itself a lot more.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Finally watched Friday's episode. Stacey's pain was so raw and unbearable. While I know some feel that Becca's exit was an anticlimax,

The acting from everyone involved was just fantastic -- Simone James was at her best, Lacey Turner was great, Gillian Wright was unbelievable. These characters, after some ridiculous story stunts, still seem real. While the shakeycam was a bit distracting, the image of Stacey cowering and covered in Bradley's ashes was harrowing. It was so soapy yet they pulled it off.

I really enjoyed the scenes with Roxy and Ronnie laughing about Sam's baby. Finally after three years I can appreciate their relationship. And going to see Sam, then Ronnie helping Sam with the baby, was the bonding and the family unit which was so important.

Peggy has gone around the bend. She is so determined to control and control and has gotten so wrapped up in her own delusions and doesn't seem to have any idea what it is going to do to her. Barbara Windsor did a great job. I also liked the scene where, after the whole pep talk, Pat actually looked a bit scared to see the baby in the Vic -- I think she must have known what Peggy had to promise. That scene with Phil and Peggy got so ugly and I kind of loved it.

Ha ha, loved Carol trashing Sam for not knowing who her baby's father is.

Have you heard that

• Members

Thanks for posting, dannigold! It was a great interview overall.

I enjoyed this part:

Found this part interesting too that the frozen lake stuff was more comparable than the previous fire he had done:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/scoop/a273087/more-enders-fire-chat-from-lee-salisbury.html

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Today's episode:

I thought it was really well done and fun overall.

Naked Ryan and the shot of his nice bare ass at the end. :wub:

Janine's hen party was hilarious, and especially how no one wanted to be there, and all they did was crap on her. But she of course bit back, which I was happy to see. I loved her exchange with Peggy, and then when she went off on Denise, Heather, and Shirley.

At least Kim likes Janine, even if she thinks her name is "Janice!" LOL!

I loved when Ronnie called Bianca's million children her "litter." :lol:

Sam/Daniella Westbrook looked very pretty in this episode.

I enjoyed all the Pat and Janine scenes, even when Pat was angry with her behaviour at the end. It's nice that Pat admitted earlier in the episode that Janine is the closest she'll ever come to having a daughter.

The scenes with Dot and Peggy towards the end were well-done too.

Big Mo is back to the haircut she had when she first came on the show a decade ago.

Stacey just blurting out to Dot that Bradley isn't Lily's father is surely an effects of her not taking her medication. Still, it was nice to see Stacey smile when she was watching Ryan and Ricky make fools of themselves. Dot's reaction to all that was hilarious too.

I'm not surprised Janine went off with that older bloke towards the end, given the way she felt at her own party, and who really thinks her marriage to Ryan will last anyway?

The stuff with Phil being locked in the room at the end was done with a lot of humour and drama at the same time. I loved Sam and Roxy with their bats. :lol: