EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks for posting. It looks like it should be a fantastically produced stunt.

Some more pics of Jessie Wallace as Pat Phoneix: http://lifeofwylie.com/2010/08/26/coronation-street-birth-of-the-cobbles/

Daran Little also Tweeted about an upcoming episode he's writing with Janine, Bianca, Kat, and Alfie. I wonder if Kat and Bianca will interact. Daran knows how to write for strong bitchy women with a sense of humour.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I think Janine is the only bitch-type character without a conscience most of the time, though she does have a soft vulnerable side.

I also wouldn't classify Jane, Denise, and yes Heather as typical bitch characters.

Then there's a character like Kat who has so many layers and puts on a loud and proud front on the outside, when she's really a vulnerable and fragile soul on the inside.

Through the show, Corrie as well, was built on edgy female characters. Though, tragic heroine characters like Sharon and Kathy have also been a big part of its foundation. Though, even Sharon had a nasty and arrogant side to her at times.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I don't know, I feel as if it's a chore to watch for you. As if you're really struggling. There's something about it that you don't understand or something like that. So my post wasn't really about your remark about the bitchy women, it's more "in general".

• Members

I can imagine that Kat will have a lot to say to Janine about trying to take

What is Vanessa screaming about? Does she think that Jody is in the fire? I'm not loving how they are involving her in so much of Max's life.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Not a chore at all. I'm falling in love with the show. Being a former watcher of Days of our Lives, I can tell you that I would not watch if I did not enjoy. Nothing is worth that pain. I do admit there aren't a lot of characters I can say I absolutely love, but the strong writing and acting (for the most part, of course there's always a few dolts) have kept me in it. Like most other shows, I haven't really found that character that makes me light up instantly when they are on screen. The transition doesn't help that. Plus, there are some characters I just could never like, because historically, I never have. (Heather, Phil) But maybe that's wrong of me. Maybe it's wrong to try and find a favourite?

Edited by Amello

• Members

Like I said, I probably feel this way because this show has no innocent ingenue. I love my Jennifer Hortons and my Jenny Woleks. Plus, I have yet to find a character that I feel is mine! When I get that, I'll be more emotionally connected to the show I'm sure.

Edited by Amello

• Members

I think that it is a struggle to find a favorite character on EE. Some of the characters aren't well drawn and others can be so unlikable at times. My current faves are:

Christian - I just love him. He does make me light up, especially now that he is back to being himself.

Dot - now she is no longer a mean bitch

Ian - He is such idiot at times, but I have liked him since he was a teen

Denise - I love her fierceness

Zianab - Nina Wadia makes me keep her on my fave list even though I have been ticked off at Zainab since she started her bigoted rants.

Edited by Ann_SS