EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's a twofer with deadly dull Tamzin Outhwaite.

She intros the BBC programming for the day of Who Shot Phil?

A promo I'd never seen before, from around the time Mel was kidnapped by Dan. I didn't realize they were already doing these artsy-fartsy promos.

• Members

I wonder what the point would even be. Do they need someone else to remind us how inferior everyone is compared to Phil/Shirley/The Carters? If this is for Sonia, why bother? Just have them split offcamera.

Given how poor DTC's casting has been they might as well just bring in someone random like Bruce Forsyth.

• Members

Well, Jim Branning might be killed off now after John Bardon's passing and Dot might need one more love interest so...Bruce Forsyth as Charlie's long-lost brother? Heh.

A Martin recast makes sense because Sonia's back, she lives in Walford (as does he, apparently) and his name's been mentioned more than a few times since her return.

I'm getting a teensy bit irritated by the resistance (tinged with teenaged girl fervor) to the very idea of a Michelle recast. Sue Tully left the show in 1996 and will probably never return. Michelle is Sharon's best friend and is in possession of the show's longest held secret: Grant is the father of her son. It's time they finally recast Michelle.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

I'm terrified of what they would even do to Michelle. I have a feeling they'd have her as a shrew and Phil would win Mark Jr. from her side as he learns her son is a true Mitchell.

So did you see this week's shows? I read a little about them.

Sometimes I'm alarmed at how little interest I have in what EE has become. And it's annoying fans just make matters worse.

• Members

I did see the wedding episodes. A lot of it was entertaining but Friday's was pretty bad, mostly because I didn't buy for one second Dean screaming out "I LOVE YOU!" to his poor excuse for a mother much less trying to arrange her escape. It was about as believable as a weepy Phil allowing a sobbing Ian to collapse in his arms, which he did in the afternath of Lucy's murder. Matt DiAngelo's acting was so bad that it only heightened how ludicrous it was for Dean to have such a radical change of heart toward his disgusting mama.

• Members

Hilarious bit of Ross Kemp in that ad, DRW50, thsnks.

I actually saw Kemp as The Queen's Henchman in a panto production of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in Wimbledon about 10 years ago. I'll never forget this one joke:

Buttons: I gather you're a member of SAS?

The Queen's Henchman: Yes, I am.

Buttons: Very impressive. I've always admired what you Special Air Service chaps have accomplished.

The Queen's Henchman: What are you talking about? I'm a member of the Sondheim Appreciation Society.

I think the only ones in the audience who got that joke were me and my agent friend.

• Members

DRW50, are you watching EE again? I BEG you to please watch tonight's UK episode if you can. Maria Friedman is FABULOUS as Linda's mother Elaine and her scene with Dean in the gents at The Vic is something I'd hate you to miss out on.

Edited by TimWil