Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Whose work do you think holds up better from that period - Brian Parks or Jane McNaughton (isn't she the one who replaced him and did all the social issue stories, or did someone else have a role in-between)?

I wonder if part of it is whoever was running ITV's soaps at the time. Sadly these days they just seem to be run into the ground.

• Members

Wow. Todd really did something quite diabolical. Beneath contempt. At least he won't get away with this like he got away with setting it up to look to Jason that Tony and Eva were having a ding dong.

Why is he being such a vengeful c**t, anyway? It's not as if Eileen and Jason were directly responsible for his injury. And his scar actually makes him look hotter. What a dumba**. Who's the worst son now, David or Todd? Eileen and Gail should finally be able to bond over something.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

Given how unpleasant Eileen is, it's difficult to care.

I don't know if anyone can top David, who was a real hellion for 2-3 years.

The whole thing is so trite, but hopefully it's over. Maybe he can seduce Billy now.

• Members

The one small part I did like was Eileen not letting Sean and Julie into the house after they all left the Bistro.

The thing is, after Todd was beaten up and they paired him with Tracy both characters worked so well together. Something more could have been mined there. At least Blackburn has said that Todd will end up realizing the importance of family. So his hating them is pretty much over for the most part, thankfully.

• Members

He was a stabilising force for the show. He was very fortunate in that by the time he arrived, the newer characters introduced under Park had bedded in. I think his most significant plots were Sally and Greg, Breaking up Mike and Alma and revealing Fred as Ashley's biological father.