Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Kate Ford just tweeted that she helped out with auditions today with 6 actors up for the role of Robert Preston. I assume it's TracyLuv's new love interest but who the hell is he? Besides having the same name of a legendary Broadway leading man, that is.

• Members

Robert is her ex-husband. They got together in Dawn Acton's last few years in the role. When Tracy returned in 2002 or 2003, she sold a sob story to her family that he'd cheated on her; actually it was the reverse.

I wonder why they didn't just bring the original actor back.

• Members

They did, Bright Eyes? That's OK, then.

DS is reporting that Allison King will take an extended break in 2016 but will return in 2017.

http://m.digitalspy.com/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a645337/alison-king-is-taking-a-break-from-coronation-street-next-year.html

Oh, and bye bye, Craig Charles...

http://m.digitalspy.com/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a645377/coronation-street-craig-charles-leaving-show-to-film-red-dwarf.html

Edited by TimWil

• Members

Initially it was reported Alison was leaving altogether, much to the panic of some. I guess Alison knows she probably isn't getting a lot of other jobs at her age, even if she deserves them.

I've always liked Lloyd but they've never known what to do with him.

Sometimes I forget what a hot piece of ass Dennis was.

• Members

I wonder if King will return at all - given by 2017 there will definitely be a new producer who may not be interested or she herself may not be interested. I love how her reasons are "creative." She too must hate the writing she's had to endure over the last few years.

Not sad to see Crag Charles go...

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Someone was asking around for iconic moments for each show, for some British soap thing they're doing. I gave them some of mine, but thought you all might be interested in listing some of yours. (in the appropriate threads I mean)

• Members

Elsie leaving, Hilda leaving, Martha dying, Alan Bradley dying, Hilda grieving for Stan, David Hillman and the Platts in the car, Blanche and the Barlows at the AA meeting, Ken choking Deirdre, Deirdre's "I didn't do any of it."

Some of those did nothing for me (the Platt one mainly), I just had a tough time coming up with modern moments, and I sure as hell wasn't picking that tram crash [!@#$%^&*].