Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In preparation of Steve's latest wedding, the Corrie Facebook page is posting clips from his previous weddings.

I've never seen this clip or the episode of his wedding to Vicky. Bet, Liz, Vicky, and Steve all look like they're in hell. laugh.png

https://www.facebook.com/CoronationStreet/videos/vb.75373902658/10153005365022659/?type=1&theater

Obviously, his most memorable wedding is the first failed one with Karen that Tracy crashed.

But I really can't think of a more unwatchable pair than Michelle and Steve. The fact that they're getting married is a reflection of how bad this show truly is these days.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

They both got the label. It just shows how much the show and the press are stuck in this show's past and how they have struggled to create new characters.

The most interesting part is her talking about Dynasty as a cartoon and how UK soaps aren't like that because they can't reach that market.

I wonder what she would have thought about when UK soaps did start trying for that (I guess Emmerdale was probably the best at it).

Edited by DRW50

• Members

About 3 minutes in there's a little segment on Corrie quickly returning to work after the 3-month strike that crippled ITV in 1979. Julie Goodyear and Peter Adamson talk.

I wonder if that commercial they did to catch viewers up is available anywhere.

Edited by DRW50