Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Agreed. It's very sweet, especially how genuinely touched she is at the end. You don't get that on soaps now. She isn't on the same level of importance but I'm glad Emmerdale is going to have something similar to this for Betty soon.

• Members

I'm getting a strong vibe that Liz and Steve will lose The Rovers and Carla will take it over. This would most likely be Allison King's final big storyline on the show. I'm with those who think she probably won't be back in 2017.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

Liz and Steve should have never gotten their hands on the Rovers anyway. The McDonald's have never ever fit in there.

I think Carla could actually be good at the Rovers, and assuming she comes back, stays long enough, and has the proper writing - she could be Bet's true successor.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Bev Unwin will be returning for Deirdre's funeral.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bev-unwin-returns-coronation-street-5681497

I'm glad they did this. It wasn't something they "had" to do, as Bev has only been an offcamera friend for nearly a decade now, but it's respectful to the characters and their history.

Deirdre had so few friends and loved ones left that Peter and Bev are the only two I could really think of that I wanted to see again, so I'm glad Blackburn or whoever thought of this.

• Members

I just didn't think sending Deirdre off to "visit Bev" was a good enough reason for her to miss Peter's trial, TracyLuv's wedding that wasn't, Christmas, etc. I guess they had to come up with something quick, though, and that was the best they could do. At least she was there for a few weeks following Ken's return.

X Factor winner/pop star Shayne Ward is joining Coronation Street as Aidan Connor.

http://celebgosspb.com/2015/05/12/shayne-ward-has-joined-coronation-street/

Edited by TimWil

• Members

I wonder if the show was surprised that Raquel became such a popular character in the 90's. I guess the genuine good intentions of the character and her naivete really resonated with people.

Sarah Lancashire (along with Suranne Jones) is also probably the most successful actress on British TV to come from a soap