Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They've definitely softened TracyLuv in the past year, culminating in her saving Carla's life. They'll still have her pull a bitch-and-run from time to time, though, like the one a few weeks ago with Fay.

It seems the show is already laying the groundwork for an Audrey-Ken pairing. Oy.

Sorru for posing a much answered question but how do I post spoilers on the mobile version?

Edited by TimWil

• Members

You'd think so (did they mention him when she was briefly pregnant with Alec's baby?), but the show has always struggled with how to write long-lost or long-gone kids of main characters. Hilda and Stan's kids, Audrey's son, Elsie's kids and grandkids, any child of Ken's not named Peter, etc.

I saw that the Mirror wrote a very biting article calling for a cast cull, Sean at the top of the list, and said the show needed what had been done to Eastenders.

I wonder if anyone at ITV will notice...

• Members

My memory is a bit hazy but many years ago (1997ish) I used to watch (or rather listen to as I was only able to recieve the audio signal for that particular channel - i'll explain if anyone's curious :P) some reruns from the late 80s. I seem to recall that when Bet was pregnant she did in fact refer to her other child in a conversation with someone (probably Betty as Alec apparently didn't find out about Martin Downes until later but Betty was actually there when Bet found out that Martin had died and had been told about the later pregnancy that Bet miscarried).

You're right about the show never being able to write for all the long-lost children characters had. Heck I think the show even went more than eight years without a main character giving birth! (must be a soap record, I think only Neighbours has come close).