Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• Members

Sarah Louise was written as a typical young heroine for Tina's first 5-6 years on the show. In her last few years they decided to make her "gobby" and materialistic and stupid, like Rosie. I can't say it did her any favors. Many fans were glad to see the back of her.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

She's already been sacked. When Eva left, they needed someone to take her place. Eileen volunteered, but she was horrible, as was expected. Liz, Michelle and Steve were too cowardly to fire her until Friday's episode where Steve mistakenly thought Liz had done so and put his foot in it. Eileen will now use online dating to meet 'Adrian', which I think you know about from the All Soaps Casting thread.

The show has some great things going for it: Sally/Tim always being a highlight, the imposter story is good, except when it comes to Michael (who ruins everything), the Faye pregnancy story has surprisingly been done well so far and continues to look promising with Owen leaving (Hallelujah!), the Tracy/Tony affair is alright, but Tracy gets tiring quickly, the Dev triangle story was entertaining and the Jenny Bradley return has worked really well so far, especially for Kevin, but I don't have faith they'll continue doing it justice.

I do think it's kind of funny/strange that Nick, Carla and Leanne all don't have any story currently. And I really do think they have been slowly building something with Audrey/Ken, which pleases me, but who knows what will happen with Kirkbride's passing.

I'm indifferent to Luke/Maria (I almost forgot to include them) as I think he deserves someone more exciting. I find she's at her best with Audrey and David; part of the Platt family.

Callum annoys and Todd, unfortunately, is awful. And I will never understand why Mary is permanately stuck with the olds. The actress is not even 40 yet.

Edited by Bright Eyes