Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks so much, DaytimeFan. I thought that was hilarious. Jack Shepherd's hugely important for the show's future. It's comforting to know that it doesn't look like he has any ambitions beyond his job on Coronation Street.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

Were there behind the scenes problems with Simon Gregson (as I think he's been ill?) or the guy who plays Tony? There's this random as hell, nonsensical story with Liz's latest dream man,

This feels like filler or a stopgap while they're waiting on something.

• Members

It's still odd sometimes to remember all the years Gail was the dour and long-suffering mother, and now they call her "Gail" and regularly take the piss out of her on a regular basis.

(I don't know what Sarah calls her though)

It was weird seeing "Erica" calling out questions on the mike tonight when I'd just watched an Emmerdale episode where Kim Tate was calling out bingo numbers.

• Members

Caught up on the Jenny-kidnapping-Jack episodes. It was bad enough that the writers forgot about Kevin's deceased son in the bit where he was talking about Maddie, he also didn't bring him up in a key moment when Rita mentioned how awful it must be to lose a child (re Jenny). A few episodes later, though, Sarah claimed that Kevin had kept on picking "nutters." This could be seen as a reference to Alison, the mother of his deceased child. I don't get it. Why didn't Michael LeVell speak up about it on set? Had he forgotten about him, too?

Edited by TimWil

• Members

I was watching a March 2001 episode I'm about to upload, and Linda's brother Ryan (whom I'd totally forgotten about) warned Karen about being with Steve while Liam was in prison, and she said she'd already finished with Liam. Who was this Liam? I don't remember this.

I guess someone on the show at that time liked the names Liam and Ryan.

They really didn't know what to do with Linda once the affair with Mark ended. And then some of her family hanging around afterward due to Jacqueline Pirie's abrupt exit. I didn't realize that that pointless woman propping up the bar with Fred in the early 2002 episodes was her mother.

He actually talked about it in an interview (saying Kevin would ultimately sympathize with Jenny), so I assume he remembered, but I think he doesn't have the power to make his voice heard.

• Members

I don't think Kevin should have been so cold to Jenny when she was finally apprehended. He should have felt sympathy for her and had a look of sadness on his face rather than a look of "Oh, good, the cops got you, so f**k off to jail." I would have had Sophie angry, though, and had her throw in something like "I blame YOU for Maddie's death, Jenny. If she hadn't run to see me to tell me she knew the truth about you then she wouldn't have been at the wrong place at the wrong time."