Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think they've done a better job than I expected. It all fits/works better than I thought. A little campy but I'm kinda here for it. It helps feeling like things are climaxing and coming to a head and stories intersect. 

I'm glad they can put in the effort for these stunts. I want effort (not stunts mind you but you know what I mean) all year long (this goes for you too, US soaps).

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by KMan101

• Members

OF COURSE it had to be Johnny.. Sorry but this was the most obvious one to die..

I mean he had deep conversations all week and got way more screentime as before again.. That was such a give away tbh. I feel sorry for him.

I loved Aidan Connor and Kate with Rana...Johnny was hit or miss. He was nothing special but so damn likeable.

i don't share much personal stuff about me but when Aidan killed himself in 2018 it hit hard coz i was going through an heavy time mysellf and that story was relatable. But to see the aftermath and especially Johnny broke my heart and made me realize that life's too short to give up and to be upset.. Aidans death made me love Johnnys character more but the way Jenny treated him was lazy writing on the writers part.. Shame he's gone too.

I still wait to hear if it was his own choice or if he was let go coz his farewell video looked etremely forced tbh

• Members

Thank you for sharing your story. This can be the impact soaps have. 

I think it was lazy too and obvious. I liked Johnny. I don't always keep up on the comings and goings, was this his choice to leave? It almost feels like they went back and forth on sending him away or killing him.

I think the Aidan/Eva/Toyah story really soured me on all of them. It just felt like such a different show.

I feel like the Connors are associated with a darker period on the show. Carla gets a pass but she's basically a supporting player at this point ... so many of the 'leads' from the last two decades are, which makes sense as they were fairly played out.

I haven't seen the episodes yet so I'm not sure but did they kill of Natasha too? I had a feeling it would be 'mistaken identity' ... I liked the actress but the character felt like she existed to give Nick a son. Expendable.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
What strikes me when watching Corrie is the strong characterizations going, all those peripheral characters that add so much to their roles with true craft. Debbie Webster has an amazing delivery, what a genius idea to bring her back, of recent additions, Evelyn is always a pleasure to watch, Nina is a gem, and Daisy is just a classic in the making. They've also clearly struck gold with the Curtis actor and his pairing with Emma.
I'm glad Toyah and Imran, random pairing it started as yet feels organic by now, have more to do currently as for a long long time Toyah was barely on.
The Horror Nation Street week was nicely done, except Abi's outbursts, I like her but I've realized she's basically a knock-off Charity Dingle. I liked Natasha too, which is very different from what I felt about her as pointless Joanne on Hollyoaks. The kid playing her son is good, and no way is the kid playing Kevin's son only 11 years old. I gladly take this break from Alina. And poor Maria, she's still just... there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Iain Macleod interview as to what to expect for 2022.

Not looking forward to this Abi/Imran/Toyah nonsense. If they wanted "intimate" drama, they should have just focused on the Sarah/Adam/Gary/Maria crew (which seems to be taking a sensationalistic route this year). 

Glad that Jacob Hay is staying around, I follow his portrayer Jack James Ryan on Instagram, and I've become quite a fanboy for him. Looking forward to more of Yasmeen's road to recovery emotionally, and curious about the Sally/Tim storyline. This Emma/Faye story seems like a paint by the numbers kind of tale, and seems to have come out of nowhere. 

In spite of all of this; out of the three showrunners of major three (excluding HO) I somehow feel as if Macleod is somewhat more competent than his peers. 

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a38610977/coronation-street-spoilers-iain-macleod-2022-storylines/

• 1 month later...