Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

Ugh… What is it with Hollyoaks and axing everyone (even Grace. Yes I’m still salty about it) but Diane O’Connor?

She appeared in only 70 episodes between September 2010-October 2012 yet they kept her around but axed so many good ones.

i don’t get it. She is the most bland character this show ever had to offer. She brings like nothing to the table. I got it that they kept her around for Sinead and later for her rapist brother Finn. But since they left her character serves no purpose. I don’t even get the Tony/Diane pairing either. He had such great pairings like Cindy and Mandy etc. Yet they put him with her? 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I completely disagree. Alex Fletcher is one of the best actors to ever be on the show. Kirkwood letting Diane out of the house and giving her a solid status on the show by pairing her with Tony was one of his better ideas in his second stint. Probably never would have lasted if Claire Cooper hadn't of left. Tony and Cindy were always an awful pairing and never should have happened. 

And Grace the cold blooded murderer, whose whole family is also dead, should have been written out ages ago.

• Members

No offense to the actress.. I know most people love her for nostalgia reasons coz she was on Brookside or crossroads. I don’t remember right now from the top of my head.

But her character is just so dull. I mean they killed off Rhys Ashworth, they axed iconic characters off like  Amy Barnes, Bart McQueen, Carl Costello but let Diane walk around. I mean those damn producers even closed the door for Louise to return and revealed that Warren killer her.. All off-screen. Nah man. That’s unfair 
It’s nothing personal against the actress but her character is so boring. I mean I don’t even remember anything memorable from  her 13 years on the show besides her kids (who drove the stories) and her pairing with Tony even though they lack chemistry 

I’m not even biased coz I grew up with Hollyoaks in the mid 00’s up to this day and saw stronger characters and cast member. I’m even one who wouldn’t feel upset if JP would finally leave that damn show! But it feels unfair that she has been kept for nostalgia reasons of her old soap days. 

Tony-Cindy were amazing in their hey day! 

Grace at least had some personality! And great friendships. But I get when people feel like her character has been dead weight 

Suzanne Ashworth seems To be back with Hannah! Nice! Always liked her. 

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

Hollyoaks is set for three more shock comebacks and more legends returning in 2024 we can exclusively confirm following the news of Emma Rigby returning to the soap after 13 years away and it’s bad news for Darren as it will turn his life in the village upside down. We can exclusively reveal that Darren’s twin children Jack and Francine who have never been seen on screen will be arriving in the village to face their dad along with their mum Suzanne Ashworth. Suzanne is Hannah’s mum who had a fling with Darren and she ran off to Spain in 2010 days after the twins were born and she has only returned to the soap once in 2012. This bombshell new storyline will see Darren faced with his now 13 year old children and in the coming months we will also see the return of Darren’s wife Nancy and Theresa as both Jessica Fox and Jorgie Porter return from their maternity leave. Insiders on the soap have said with the soaps original McQueen and Osborne families back at the forefront of the show fans can expect more legends returning in 2024 ones that will shock you. Fans can expect to see some familiar faces from the past and new family members who have never been seen on screen before. The soap will also be digging into the backstory of Vicky with a number of big names being discussed to appear. Bosses see Anya Lawrence as a big star so they are keen to keep her around…

• Members

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hollyoaks/a45794166/hollyoaks-credits-new-producers/

Just in case the circumstances surrounding Lucy Allan’s abrupt exit wasn’t hammered home enough

Please register in order to view this content

What a sad indictment. And as history can not be learned at times, she could end up back in a promoted role in future.

• Members

I’m wondering what Legends might return.. I’m super excited for 2024! 

Hannah, Suzanne and the twins are confirmed! I hope they can get Lisa Hunter back 

Im a bit concerned when it comes down to returnees coz they mostly end up dead like Amy Barnes, Luke, Bart McQueen, Kathy (Warren’s sister).. hell they even brought Carl Costello back for two episodes just to bump him off for the “Father’s sin story “ with Breda.. and list goes on..

I will never forgive Hollyoaks for killing off Justin off screen this year.. or randomly revealing that Nancy’s sister Becca died in jail.. OFF SCREEN! I mean Becca was a part of oaks for 5 and half years and that’s all they give her? A throwaway? Pah.. or fan favorite Ben (Lisa Hunter’s boyfriend)… They sent Ben and Lisa over to their spin off and let him get shot. He never died (even though he would’ve if season 2 would’ve happened).. Like wtf?  He had the chance to return to Oaks coz it never happened on the main show but nah.. They brought Lisa back in 2022 just to reveal that he indeed died. 

I’m still wondering if Steph was one of the 16 characters axed in 2010 or if she left on her own.. Coz her brother who was in the show for 8 years (Jake) got written off too. 

• Members

Lucy Allan was first credited in August 2021, while Dunn exited in December. However, whatever producer was in charge, I think either the production company (Lime Pictures) or the network went above their heads and it was out of the show's hands because Mandy was being written for consistently and wonderfully since her return in 2016 with no hints of them losing favour. To my astonishment, Kirkwood, who had written for her horribly during his first stint, somehow managed to figure her out when he brought her back. I'll hold on to the fact that we had a few solid years of her before we lost her.

• Members

It’s kinda tragic that Liberty was played by two actresses and still ain’t as popular as her other family members like Will & Dodger. Hell even Dirk was more popular than a Liberty lol

After rewatching some 2020-22 stuff.. Goldie McQueen is the best MCQueen right now from the current canvas (I mean no one will beat Carmel, Tina, Jacqui, Myra, old Mercedes and Theresa!)!

Does someone know if Nick Picard’s real life brother who played Dom from 2005-2010 was one of the 16 cast members being axed or did he left on his own?