Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

A soap opera jumping to conclusions, when the whole point of the genre is that we're supposed to be lucky enough to have time to see every beat of a story unfold. An insane choice! DAYS already proved how stupid it was. However, I'm in it for the insanity of it all. My personal 100% safe choices would be Tony, Cindy, Darren, Tom, Charlie, and the, IMO, underrated could be star, Dillon. Any of the rest I could easily come to grips with. I don't know how many they're keeping, but comparing it to when EastEnders first started with the same amount of time per week (one hour), they had about 30 regulars by the end of their first year, while Hollyoaks currently has 54.

I also wonder when the showrunners knew about the decision and if the characters they've brought on/their initial plans could be affected. Abe and JJ seem like they have obvious shelf lives, and I always thought Suzanne was brought back to eventually be killed off. 

By the horrible way they've handled the reveal of Ste killing Ella, with almost everyone forgiving him in record time when he should have become the pariah of the village, it's looking unfortunately clear that he'll be sticking around. I wanted a whodunit or a prison exit where he's potentially reunited with Brendan. Leah/Lucas would go live with Mike/Zoe, and James would go off searching for Romeo.

With Scott leaving, and Andre/Vicky not getting any focus in ages, I could easily see them leave with him.

They're really building up these test results for Sally, so I'm guessing she could be dying.

Other than Ste, the only person I'm actively against staying is Zain, whose actor is atrocious. Chelsee Healey is lucky she's on maternity leave, because Goldie is always at the top of my axe list and will be again the moment she returns.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...