ATWT: Week of July 7th

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not even sure what to hope for in this situation. Part of me wants Jack to running back to Carly when he finds out the news and for Carly to slam the door in his face. The problem is it would be for Holden. <_< I can't imagine Carly choosing Holden over Jack. Plus I want Jack and Janet to last a little while, so I'm conflicted at the moment.

Is there any character who gets as many lovey dovey scenes as Katie? I mean, it seems like every scene she is in involves making out or having sex. No wonder PJ calls her Fluffy. Enough already.

• Members

I don't want Jack running back to Carly. In the real world those 2 would be on opposite sides of the country by now after all the stuff they've put each other thru.

And I'm really starting to like Holden and Carly. Holden seems much more tolerable even exciting when hwas e's making those eyes at Carly. Speaking of...I loved her outrage at Holden after Neil asked her out. It was CLASSIC Carly and it was awesome.

Luke and Noah was half and half to me. One the one had we had the shortest storyline in the history of soaps occur today. On the other hand it was really romantic and full of great dialogue. Loved Noah's retorts at Luke. Usually its Luke who's acting all b*tchy but today we saw a lil fiestiness in Noah and I loved it. Also I've always thought Jake was hot but Van is really starting to make me melt when he comes on screen. I think its his eyes and his hair. The 2 of them together is just HOT.

Parker was hilarious today. Just his face alone when Liberty confirmed the whole Jack & Janet hookup was flat out ridiculous. I was on the floor rolling. He looked so grossed out at the thought. Anyways its sorta weird that Liberty is so open about matters like that but on the other hand it's also refreshing to see a character so real.

Today's episode was pure perfection anyways. Not looking forward to Sofie business tomorrow with Paul and Meg....but we do get to see Mike and that's a plus for me.

• Members

Ha! Probably not. I have a feeling that he's out of the frying pan and into the fire here, if this goes past casual sex anyway.

Not sure how I feel about Luke outing Noah to the army. Luke was obviously right about the army being the wrong place for Noah, but I don't think it was his call to make.

• Members

maybe.

but i aldo dont think that half a million people.. with the ratings box.. watch ATWT ONLY for jack & carly. better writing, good storylines, intersting complex char's might help. but then again i know better and know there are crazed fanbases out there so... who knows.

• Members

I think when a show is bad people start watching only for their favs and ATWT has been in that position for some time, so I don't blame people for hanging on to the one thing worth watching for. The only issue I have with CarJack is that Maura is probably the show's strongest performer, so I don't like to see her monopolized by one pairing. I like seeing both Carly and Jack involved with other people and Maura and Michael acting with different partners.

Jon Hensley actually showed up for yesterday's episode. Now that I see he actually can still act, I resent the fact that he's been phoning it in for so long. :angry:

• Members

Yup.

CarJack is like T&B on OLTL and Carly/Sonny on GH - how much abuse can we really go through? affairs and whatnot. The couples for me anyways have lost anything rootable about them - and the char's are MUCH more intersting apart than together.

• Members

I think, for me, at least, the straw that broke the camel's back with Jack and Carly was when she abandoned her kids. I mean, how do you redeem that? It's pretty clear that the writers don't know how. I really like Jack and Carly together, mostly because Michael and Maura are about as good as it gets in terms of acting. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing them play the amicable divorced couple on the show. I don't think we've seen too much of that in the past.

• Members

I think that can be redeemed through time. They did let Carly win Parker back over a period of time, but I think they should have really played that story long term. Make it go on for a year or even two so that Carly had to work for it and show her commitment to her kids over a long period before she is finally forgiven.

It seems like audiences don't have the attention span and patience to watch that kind of story telling these days. No one wants to watch their fav go "under the bus" even if it is a really good story.For example, I'm watching Ryan's Hope on Soapnet and after 9 months Jack Fenelli still hasn't accepted that he's going to be a father. He's rejected his child from the moment he found out his wife was pregnant, tried to get an annulment while she's 9 months pregnant, missed the birth and is generally acting like an ass.

But it's a very satisfying story because he clearly does love both his wife and child and he will eventually be won over. In order to get that kind of payoff you have to be willing to invest in the build up and it seems like people want everything to happen right away. I can only imagine the fanbase crazyness that would ensue if Paul treated Meg like that or Jack treated Carly like that when she was having Sage (well, assuming their hadn't been paternity issues).

I'm not really sure where the breakdown happened. Did writers stop writing really good long term stories and giving the audience payoff first? Maybe the audience lost patience and refused to invest in the build up so that writers had to write stories that are over in a day like the recent Noah joins the army two day arc? I'm not sure, but I do miss the longer term stories that really hit every beat and made us wait for what we wanted until we couldn't stand it any more.

Archived