ATWT: Week of July 7th

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I could go for more of Jack and Janet, but what I am most looking forward to this week are Casey/Margo/Emily and seeing what happens with Nuke. I'd like to see less of Brad/Katie this week. It seems like those two are on every day.

• Members

I actually set the DVR today, because I didn't want to miss the whole Jack and Janet stuff. TOTALLY fun.

Now, they've added in Margo to Casey and Emily and I think I might actually care more, because of this history between the characters now. Still doesn't stop them kind of feeling icky to me.

• Members

I've been away for a bit too long. I'm taking it in small doses. I still hate most of the characters, but I'm choosing to focus on the stories and characters I like. I'm kinda over the negativity.

• Members

Carly and her worries about Interpol coming after her if she hooks up with Neil. Too funny. Poor Holden. Jealous as hell can't do anything about it. Neil is quite charming or maybe it is the accent.

Jack and Janet are good together. I like that she is sexually confident. Jack needs to relax and have some fun.

• Members

:lol: Wouldn't that be just about her luck too. I can't get over what a jackass Holden is being. Just tell Lily that it's over already!!

I hate to say it, but I am enjoying this show so much more without Gwen. Jen Landon is great, but they overexposed her to the point that just seeing her face made me want to FF.

• Members

Today I felt that Carly decided to fight for Holden even though she would deny it to her last breath. She went over to see Holden out of anger, frustration and jealousy. Agreeing to see Neil in front of Holden was done to force his hand so that he would finally make a decision about their relationship. Holden needs to man up and tell Lily that he just isn't that into her any more. The sooner he does this, the sooner they both can move on with their lives.

Juliajms, I never liked Gwen so I agree.

• Members

Hi all, I'm new.

Anyhow, I don't understand why Carly and Holden are attracted to each other. Holden, who, in my opinion, lacks any sort of personality, is sleeping with Carly why? I know it's not that Lily is isgnoring him, because she is just dying to get in his pants. I suppose it could be that Holden can't trust Lily (which is, I think, the angle that the writers are trying to play), but then why move on with Carly? He knows all about her past exploits. In my opinion, Holden as a character has just been ignored for so long that decay has begun to set in. I just can't get a feel for who he is.

Then we have Carly, whose spontaneous attraction to Holden I just can't get behind. I think that the real problem here is still Holden. I don't understand who Holden is supposed to be, so I can't see what Carly sees in him.

I like Janet a lot more now that she's started to shed her Italian stereotype. I think it's really entertaining how she just mellows out our high-strung Jack. The new, less abrasive Janet definitely has staying power, IMO.

And, I have to admit, I am starting to soften to Parker and Liberty. When she came on, Liberty was too much too fast. Now, she's taken a back seat, and I like it. I think the actress does a really great job. I was really glad to see today that it looks like they're going to get Carly involved. She needs to do more then just share long, awkward glances with Holden.

As far as Luke and Noah go, I'm just too jaded to give them a shot at this point. I was so ready to scoff at today's army story (Did they seriously just tell a whole story in one day?), but I guess they kind of covered all of their bases. All of the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" stuff was very preachy, but I buy that Luke would say it. He's always been out and proud. I especially liked the one black officers conversation with Noah. It was nice to see that, if the writers insist on telling this bizarre, one-day after-school-special mini-story, they'll at least give both sides of the argument.

Overall, I'll say it was an okay day. For the show to really make me happy, Carly and Holden needs to end yesterday, and Noah needs to be shipped off. Oh, and I want Martha back. No offense to Noelle, but she's not my Lily.

• Members

Well damn, I am lovin Jack and Janet. They are fun and really make me laugh. Love how Jack is so nervous and how Janet is so forward. I just love it. I must say though that I loved the preview for tomorrow about Jack saying to Holden how could you set up Carly with that guy? I love jealous Jack too. Can't wait to see his reaction to Holden and Carly. Now that will be must see tv. I really like Luke too. He is just so damn cute in a puppy dog kinda way. Hope they are done with the Noah and the army thing and concentrate on them being an acutal couple now. As far as Carly and Holden are concerned, it is getting kinda interesting. Holden doesn't realize that he is in this way too deep....can't wait for the fallout.

Archived