ATWT: Week of July 7th

• Members

Oh, Emily. When will you start to use your head? She says, "No, Casey, this isn't right." Five minutes later, she's naked in her ex-lover's home getting it on with his son. I, for one, am ready for Emily to grow up a little. She's always investing in men who are no good for her. See: James Stenbeck, Paul Ryan as a teen, Brock Lombard, Tonio Reyes, Hal Munson, Paul Ryan as an adult, etc. etc. Has it ever occurred to her that she's doing something wrong?

As far as Casey goes, I find it hard to believe that there are no attractive, available younger women in Oakdale. What does he see in Emily? She certainly offers no stability.

Then we have Margo. I get that she doesn't trust her son. I wouldn't either. But is it really worth ruining an anniversary trip to Lake Geneva? At least she came to her senses in the end.

Overall, I'd say today was thoroughly entertaining. From Meg and Paul finally tying the knot to Margo pointing a gun at a hardly-clothed Emily, I was hoping the show wouldn't end. My one wish is that they explain why characters do the things they do. Casey says Emily "feels real" to him. What does that even mean?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My only thing with Casey and Alison is that it would be another Hughes with another Stewart. It's like these two families are bound together, whether they like it or not. I agree that Maddie is greatly missed. Didn't they get rid of her for "lack of storyline potential?"

• Members

Wow all I can say after today's episode is that ATWT is on FIRE!

Just an excellent show all around. Even the Sophie storyline kicked it into high gear today. So much drama and suspense. It really felt exciting to watch it all unfold. And to be honest I really did NOT think they would find her body so soon. I mean knowing ATWT's history I half expected it to be dragged out forever and forever.

Meg's hair? FIERCE! Meg all together = ON FIRE. Loved her lil attitude with Mike at the station. I hope they keep some of that fire in her for a long time.

Oh Emily oh Emily...poor poor Emily....NOT. Nice to see Susan today. She was like the voice of reason and absolute truth. Just ridiculous how this woman had the gall to get involved with her SON'S half brother....ILL.

Margo had in chills at the beginning of the episode when she had the gun pointed at Emily. Typical soap drama. For a moment there I really thought she'd shoot her. Loved Tom's reaction to the whole thing. Shock quickly followed by that cold anger of his. His confrontation with Casey was just intense. The dialogue throughout the whole scene in the living room was definitely stellar.

BTW NuCasey is SO HOT!

This custody battle will be interesting to watch.

• Members

Susan was awesome today "Casey?!! Casey Hughes?!! You robbed the cradle with Chris Hughes, but this is like robbing the womb!". Today's show was really great. Margo looked completely capable of shooting Emily right there on the spot, I think all that stopped her were Casey and Tom. :lol:

I'm back to loving Paul again. I love the fact that he has no moral limits. He'll pretty much do anything he thinks he needs to do, including burying bodies and digging them up again. There's an apple that didn't fall far from the tree. He never misses an opportunity to screw himself over.

• Members

I agree that yesterday's episode was on fire! It just hit all the right spots. Just to add some criticism, though, I wouldn't mind seeing a little happiness in Oakdale. Usually when they do especially heavy episodes (those featuring murder, for example) they put something a little lighter in there to balance it out.

I have to say, I'm really looking forward to the fallout from the Casey/Emily affair. However, I am hesitant since the Chris/Alison fallout was, shall we say, less than stellar. I am confused, though, as to why this was Thursday's episode, while Friday's episode features Carly/Holden and Brad/Janet/Jack exclusively. It just seems to me that you would want the more exciting episode on Friday.

• Members

I love how Jack just invites folks all up on the farm like he owns the place...Where the hell is Emma? Looks like we got another 'Julia' on our hands in the form of Janet; shacking up with Jack on Snyder farm....

Jack and Janet are just a big 'ugh' factor......also looks like the other shoe is gonna drop next week regarding Holden/Carly/Lily

• Members

Another nice episode. I'm very impressed with the music they were playing today. All their selections fit the scene appropriately I thought...

Brad definitely showed the "ahole" gene that seems to run in the Snyder Clan today. I can't believe how he acted towards Jack and especially towards Janet. Dude get real what they do is NONE of his business. It's not like Liberty is being traumatized or abused by Janet.

Katie was looking very pretty today. Whoever is doing the styling for TC should keep it up.

Neil/Carly/Holden/Lily was alright. Loved the beginning scene between Holden and Carly. Nice element of desperation on both their parts.

Looking forward to next week. It says Damien reaches out to Luke on CBS's website...I wonder what that's all about?

Archived