ATWT: Week of July 7th

• Members

I can't stand Jack interfering in Carly's life. Carly needs to either change the locks or sell that house. Neil is nice enough, but that isn't going any where with Holden in the picture. Jack is in the shock of his life when he finds out that Carly isn't pining over him any more.

I'm sick of saying that Mike is being wasted on Maul. Why does he suddenly care about what Meg does with her life? Paul and Meg getting married near a rotting body is very appropriate.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Juliajms, I see what you're saying. Everything on soaps today is fast. A story lasts three months, ends, then the next begins. I get the mentality behind this, but for me as a viewer, it's just hard to accept.

For example, on today's episode we saw Jack making a big deal about Carly seeing Neil (sp?). From the way Jack went off on Lily and chewed Carly's head off, it seemed like the writers wanted to make Jack look like an overprotective jerk. However, I can totally see where Jack is coming from. If Carly was the mother of my children, I wouldn't trust her to make her own decisions. Not when the kids are at stake. Carly has proven that she isn't responsible enough to be given that kind of trust.

So, I think that the quick pace of soaps today comes at the expense of character. Especially when you get into something as messy as CarJack. I mean, TPTB seem to want us to root for these couples, but their storytelling makes that impossible. I guess in that sense, I'm happy that Carly and Jack seem to be over, for the time being, anyway.

• Members

What a great show today. I loved the dynamic of Jack and Holden talking about Carly and her date. Oh boy it's gonna be something when this story comes out. The ___ is gonna hit the fan!!! Loved jealous Jack today, loved Carly calling him on it being her house, and how he brought Janet to her house and how he wanted her to let him go and she has now and he has to do the same. Loved it loved it loved it. Didn't even mind Paul and Meg today and gotta love Barbara. Mike though, I don't understand why he cares? He really needs a life soon.

• Members

Today really was a good show! Loved the scenes with Carly and Jack. They really do good work together. Very dramatic. I also loved her telling him that it was her house, her couch that Janet was sitting on and that she let him go and he now has to do the same. I also loved her telling him he showed himself in, he can show himself out. Loved Carly asking Jack where his paperwork was.

I even liked Carly and Neil which surpirsed me. I can get used to that but I know better. ;)

One thing that bothers me about this whole Sofie crap, if Barbara really did kill her, isn't she wondering what the hell happened to the body? :huh:

• Members

The problem with the Sofie storyline is that I don't even CARE who killed her! I mean its one thing if Sofie were really important and had done a lot of significant things while in Oakdale but the bottom line is that she was a nobody and from day 1 I knew she'd probably be gone in a few months. Why would I get invested in her as a character or even try to connect with the character if I know she's gonna leave one way or another just a few months later?

Whoever killed her probably won't end up in jail since this is a soap after all. Furthermore with it being a soap who's to say ATWT won't come up with some typical soapish plot where Sofie is gasp ALIVE and well.

So I'm just laughing at the whole situation and enjoying Barbara acting all smug...lol. CZP is hilarious.

Mike.... :wub:

LMAO at Emily....tomorrow will be awesome. I cannot wait to hear what Margo says to her and Casey.

• Members

Did a new writer join the show? Things are definitely getting better in Oakdale and I can't believe the same writing team is in place. I really like the fact that the couples seem wide open for now and that Lily/Holden and CarJack don't seem inevitable in the short or midterm. It's kind of nice to not know exactly where things are headed two months from now.

CZP was great today. She really played up her lines "I told you I'd make this happen for you Meg!!" She was showing some of that manic energy crazy Babs used to have. Paul's facial expressions when he was talking to to Barbara were great. I thought Marie Wilson looked really beautiful in the wedding scenes.

I loved seeing Jack and Holden jealous over Carly. They are both so hypocritical right now. Jack has one hell of a lot of nerve and I don't believe him at all when he said he was worried about the kids today and that's why he was sitting at Carly's waiting for her to get home from her date. Then when he said "You never stop at lunch Carly", I wanted to slap him. Who is he to say such a rude thing when he just had a casual fling with Janet?

I wonder if Neal is going to be one of those casual throw away characters ATWT is famous for? I hope not because I think he might just be a good match for Lily. She's about to experience a huge loss just like Neal has and he seems like he would really appreciate her. I really like the actor, he has a lot of charm and personality. I hope he doesn't end up Colden or CarJack road kill.

There are some regular posters missing from this thread and you are definitely missed. If my comments in the last thread are partially the reason for that, I'm really sorry. They weren't directed at any one person or even at this thread exclusively, I was speaking about the board generally and I shouldn't have made board on board comments anyway.

• Members

In his final soap mag interview, Scott Bryce was bitter about how CG treated him so I would be surprised if he was returning. I hate how CG writes Craig anyway so the character may be better off staying of the show for the time being.

Neal would be good with Lily. I hadn't thought that possibility. Mike is another option for Lily. I don't want her to be left hanging once Holden decides to go after Carly.

• Members

What is it with these vets coming back even after they're treated like crap by TPTB? First Joseph Mascolo, and now Scott Bryce? What next, Martha Byrne coming back as Lily under Goutman's regime? The P&G soaps are starting to get such a reputation for their lack of professionalism, something that they need to change considering both of their soaps are in the crapper.

• Members

Neil is alright...nothing specatular in my eyes. His accent is sorta cute but I don't know. He doesn't come across as particularly striking. Him and Lily would be even more boring than Victor and Sabrina from Y&R.

Now Mike and Lily theres something I could go for.

• Members

Whoa, the show is moving quickly today. I love seeing more of Ellen Dolan and Colleen Zenk Pinter! Two underrated treasures.

Damn Emily, you get that young lust!

"It looks like there is an intruder in my home. I have to protect my son" LOL. Margo was straight up psycho there! However, I did think the reveal could have been done a bit better, without the unnecessary fast pacing.

Archived