OLTL: Discussion for the week July 7-11

• Members

Wasn't... um... Andy also Carlo's daughter? I seem to remember another love interest of a Vega boy winding up as Carlo's kid, but I could be combining stories in my head.

Come to think of it, it wasn't Andy. But I definitely feel like I remember a story re: Carlo's daughter. The character Robin Griggs played maybe?

ETA: Memory's coming back. Andy was Max's sister. Duh. But I definitely feel like Griggs played a Hesser.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carlo's other daughter was Charlotte Hesser. Not sure what happened to her.

He also had a niece, Stephanie Hobart, who dated Kevin in High School. It was a Romeo/Juliet thing.

Carlo's twin was nerdy egyptologist Mortimer Bern (with a toupee) who Alex Olanov made over to be Carlo's spitting image and there was confusion for years about which one was killed in 1996. Clearly it was Mortimer.

Carlo has more lives than Stefano DiMera.

LOVING CARLO TODAY!

• Members

Frankly, I'm dumb-founded by whatever backstage politics made Valentini/ABC/OLTL choose Mikey over Beth-Ann... then bring Beth-Ann on, get Mikey off as SOON as his thirteen weeks were up, and then devote all of this (good) time and energy to building up Beth-Ann. It makes NO SENSE. Wouldn't it have been better publicity for IWBASS if one of their winners was a resounding success?!?!

Right! Charlotte was the curly red-head, right?

And Stephanie is the character Griggs played. Now I remember. THanks, David!!!

• Members

Go Lindsay! Take that wind out of Nora's sails!

Tina and Cain are awesome "Of course I care about Susan..." "Sarah!" "Right, I knew that"

Messy! Love it!

Carlo/Talia/Sarah are delicious.

I forgot Johnny Dee might have been Sarah's father for a time! Carlo's vicious, calling Tina a whore! This is the best our of One Life to Live in my entire life.

Cain: Wouldn't you rather be princess of Mendorra... than a Buchanan in Llanview?

Cut to Nora busting up the Buchanan wedding in Llanview.

I think I'm dying.

• Members

Higley's use of Carlo was clearly an "It's-Sweeps-and-I-need-a-big-return-for-someone-to-drive-my-plot-forward-in-a-sensationalistic-yet-illogical-way" decision. Ron was on the team then, so we saw glimpses throughout the prison riot of the real Carlo. But for the most part, he was a plot device.

• Members

STARR - STFU. Cole wants to raise his baby, and it's something I'd do in his position as well. He may have just made a mistake telling Todd... :P dont know his motives there, maybe he has a deathwish.

Archived