Loving/The City Discussion Thread

• Members

Original Ava was propably Marland's creation. However I've read somewhere that once ethnic-looking Roya was cast in the part there were some plans to make Ava the product of a "scandalous affair" between Kate and an African American man. Loving never went there, but that would make a great story.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This thread is great. Loving was the only ABC soap I seem to watch even if it was only occasionally, I think I was more interested in saying that I watched the lowest rated soap more than anything else. That said I never watched The City, I think I only watched the first episode of it because my ABC station later stopped airing it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

From May 1 1990 SOD. News America Publishing. Too bad Marlee never appeared on LOVING, she's a good actress and that might have helped give them some more publicity.

09-25-2010065459AM.jpg

The second photo was part of a "Thumbs Up." I'll type that out in a minute.

09-25-2010065459AM2.jpg

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Also from the 9/13/94 SOD (K-III Magazine Co), in their Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down section:

LOVING

Crossover Confusion

Let's acknowledge that soaps are pretend, and actors jump from show to show. But we still admit to shaking our heads in befuddlement over the crossover confusion at LOVING's July 4 party.

There was Jeremy Hunter (Jean LeClerc), who had moved from ALL MY CHILDREN's Pine Valley. He was greeted by Deborah Alden. Deb was played by Nancy Addison Altman - the actress who played Jeremy's lover, Marissa, on AMC. So Jeremy moved to Corinth, but Marissa turned into Deborah? Or is Deborah the spitting image of Marissa - and Jeremy never noticed? It made us wonder what happened to David, Jeremy and Marissa's son. Jeremy doesn't mention his son now, but on AMC, David was a big part of his life. Just as we got over that quandary, in walked Elizabeth, played by Susan Pratt - who used to be Barbara on AMC!

ABC recognizes the value of rehiring talented actors, and we have no problem distinguishing GH's Laura Spencer and AMC's Caera Hunter (both played by Genie Francis) or OLTL's Michael Grande from LOVING's Clay Alden (portrayed by Dennis Parlato). Separate characters, separate shows, and never the twain shall meet. But unless it's done right, a crossover is jarring to viewers who watch the entire ABC soap lineup.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I didn't tune into GH a lot during his run but I guess he was one of many who paid a price for not being Jason or Sonny.

I think he was TW until late into the 90s. He was also TW when he was on the very short lived Timecop.

Danny was a poorly written character but TW/Ted had a lot of charisma.