• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Were all the departures because of a new producer or did some of the actors leave? Are there any you think should have stayed? I wonder why they didn't at least keep Carly around. Then again I know little about her.

I hadn't heard anything about Matt until I saw him in some old magazines from then. That story about his father sounds like way too much -- how was it onscreen? Apparently Matt was also on drugs. So aside from Tony, all the men Ally was involved with were drug addicts or drug dealers. Wow.

• Members

Everything I know about "Loving" comes from old synopses. WoST showed an episode from around this time featuring Matt's trial for raping a young woman. I don't know if this was the way to go. The Fords and the young woman Matt was accused of raping were all new characters. Ceara and Jeremy were visiting from Pine Valley at the time and were involved. This was most likely because of Ceara's own history of sexual abuse.

There was a lot of turnover behind the scenes at the time. Fran Sears was replaced by Haidee Granger as EP and between January 1991 and December 1992 Tom King/Millee Taggert, Mary Ryan Munisteri, Addie Walsh, Haidee Granger (interim), and Millee Taggert/Robert Guza wrote the show. Five writing teams in a two year period. Yikes!

The main problem "Loving" had was finding a stable group of characters. If the show kept Carly and Paul on and mixed them up with Alex and Ava that could have worked. Personally, I would have preferred to see Sheri Watley, Ava's white trash sister, come back to town with the child Ava had passed of as Jack Forbes' kid. Sheri didn't have to stay, but her son Johnny should have been a thorn in Ava's side by being a manipulator in the model of his Auntie Ava.

I didn't realize Rocky was a medical student until this article. As a doctor, Rocky could have filled the Angie Hubbard role on "Loving" or been taken under Angie's wing. Rocky could have enhanced a number of stories that followed her departure. Rocky's half-brother Buck arrived in town followed by their con man father. Rocky's relationship with her father would have been nice to see play. Trucker could have used someone to lean on in a non-romantic sense during Trisha's death. Rocky easily could have been involved in the Dinahlee/Trucker/Curtis triangle given her connections to all the characters involved. Rio was a bit of a shady guy at times, from what I understand. If he and Rocky split around the time Curtis returned to town, Rio could have become involved with Tess since they never seemed to know what to do with her. Tess' ties to Curtis would have caused some drama. Also, the Tommy Domeq issue would eventually have to be resolved and Rio and Rocky should have had a role in that.

Matt seems like a decent guy, played by a decent actor, and maybe he should have stayed around to try to make Hannah more interesting or for a romance with sorority princess Staige Prince. Overall, I don't think anyone was clamoring for him to return. I believe the actor chose to leave to attend college.