Loving/The City Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

At the same time, though, I don't understand why ABCD would have promised MF as much as they did when I'm sure there were other, bigger "names" in the soaps who could have been tempted to take on the role of Sydney Chase.

And the fact that MF left after, what, only one year?  It just seemed like a total waste to me.

Edited by Khan

• Members

The tasteless ending of Sydney's murder sort of suggests how those behind the scenes felt about Morgan, and about her leaving, but a lot of that was their own fault and failing. Jane Elliot was ultimately a much better fit as Tracy - it's too bad that wasn't in the works earlier. (I guess it helps that Jane had been a producer on Loving and was less likely to put up with nonsense - one of her interviews after joining the show even mentions her correcting lighting problems!)

• Members

Yes, she was.  On the one hand, I think she should have remained with SFT, as I don't believe she's ever played another role as good as Jennifer Pace (and that includes her role as Constance Weldon on FLAMINGO ROAD).  But, on the other hand, if she had stayed, she might not have ever become, well, MORGAN FAIRCHILD.

Agree.  Adding JE to the cast as Tracy Q. was a step in the right direction.  But, as you've suggested, @DRW50, it was also a case of "too little, too late," as I think her arrival came past the point when it could have done the show any good.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I'd forgotten Lorraine's debut episode on TC was already on YT - much earlier than I thought, January '96. They do discuss Charles. I hope I can finally see Steffi and Cooper's exit.

I think Erica would've worked on TC provided it was kept to six months to a year - no longer, though she could visit. Home needed to be AMC.

Garin Wolf tried to revisit Tracy's TC ties to the Soleitos in 2011. It didn't go well.

Edited by Vee

• Members

No, Richard played Joe Scully Jr. 

I remember during Tracy's TC history, viewers were wanting to know where was Amy Van Horne who played Carla on The City? 

I enjoyed Amelia Heinle as Steffi too. She seemed to have more energy and had this bohemian chic Seventeen Magazine vibe to her. 

Edited by Forever8