AMC: SOD Scoops

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SP also says she was surprised at the speed they were getting rid of Julia. Her death will be on May 27th

This is what she said:

"They didn't want to invest the time in a custody battle, I think it was much easier to kill her, get her out of the way, and move on"

• Members

AMC is becoming more mysoginistic as of late. I remember last year during the Satin Slayer storyline that I felt disgusted by the way Danielle, Babe and Kendell were treated as pieces of meat by the killer and how sadistic he was during his attacks I don't understand the need to have Julia be brutally murdered as well as all of the rapes/attempted rapes, murder plots, torturings, ect. for all of the female protagonists on this show is disgusting. I feel like this is becoming GH. I just feel that a wave of anti-women movements have hit AMC as of late.

• Members

Sounds good too me.

What a disgrace. Poor Sydney. They had 3 more months until her contract expired...... they could have crafted a better story than this.

I wonder how the rest of the cast feels, namely Michael E. Knight because it is his character that benefits from all of this.

• Members

As much as I like Sydney Penny, they should have never brought Julia back in the first place. It seems as if they approached Sydney and signed her, thinking: "Ooh, a character from the past! Fans will love it." But, how could they integrate her back into the show when no one from her past was there? Noah didn't come back with her, Maria had just left town, none of the Santoses were around anymore (well, Anita was, but she was a nothing character). So...they kind of threw her into the Dragon storyline by herself, and let her flounder and randomly paired her with Jamie.

I'm not really sad to see Julia go, but murdering her seems extreme, and not neccessary. Sydney Penny was totally wasted these last three years, and I hope she finds a show that uses her talents more wisely.

(besides, how can they get away murdering her without ANY of her family around? We should be expecting to see Maria, Isabella, Hayley, Anita, Sam, Maddie, and Mateo back in town...but of course that isn't happening).

• Members

Of course not - that would actually be a compelling story. This blood gurgling is TOO much. I don't watch crime dramas because I hate seeing that crap.

There was no need to kill of Julia if they didn't want to write a custody battle. Just have the bad guys be after Julia again and so she has to be in the Witness Protection Program and she doesn't want Kathy to live that kind of life so when she finds out that she is Kate, she lets her go to be with Tad because it is best for Kathy. EASY! Instead we get another horrible violent death. Isn't it bad enough that Erin, Simone and Dixie were murdered by a serial killer (and Danielle and Babe were seriously injured)? And this will be Kathy's THIRD mother (and one father) to die in 17 months and she isn't even 6 years old yet. Ridiculous. So is this the end of the Santos AND Wildwind? :angry:

• Members

I am very sad, because I really liked Julia. Maybe Rob will try to kill Angie or Cassie and he kills Julia by accident?

Wouldn't it just be great if Julia goes to Heaven and she and Dixie make an exchange? You know, Dixie back to Earth alive and Julia in her place in Heaven.. I would love that...I know it sounds dumb, but this is a great chance to reverse "the pancake killing"...

P.S. Too bad none of the Santos clan will be there for her funeral.. I would love to see Rosa & Maria as a special appereance on Julia's funeral :(

Archived