April 28 - May 2, 2008

Toups

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, so this is Twilight Zone.

I don't think I've EVER seen a point spread like that...not for Y&R...not for any soap. What IS that?

Y&R and B&B are now within spitting distance of each other...not much difference between 3.4 for Y&R and 2.9 for B&B.

Drew Carey is killing TPIR, and that is dragging CBS down with it. I'm really worrying for my show, Y&R, now. If this low rating stuff continues, Y&R is going to get the massive budget cuts...and it will be Dreck in Genoa City all the time too.

Notice, I still don't think it has much to do with the writing. I think it is the whole context of daytime. BUT...that huge point spread challenges that...what would cause a million viewers to tune out over the week. Was this a Gloria and Jeff week?

• Members

^Maybe because they realized nothing is happening at all on Y&R? Why tune in the whole week, when you'll be watching almost the exact episode over and over again? That's the problem right now. There's almost no incentive to tune in from day to day. I know whenever I miss an episode, I just don't care.

I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the year, Maria Arena Bell and Josh Griffith will be on their way out. I don't care how much of a Bell Maria is and how good friends Griffith is with the Bells, these ratings stink and Y&R is dreadfully boring. Sure, it's not technically as bad as it was under Latham and no long term damage is being done to the show's core, but there's nothing exciting happening on screen with any of the main storylines and that's a big problem. Sometimes I feel like they're airing the same episode day after day.

• Members

Exactly. Y&R has become like washing one's hair: lather, rinse, repeat.

It seems that Bill Bell Jr does not have the skills of his father. MAB is turning into a flop, JG is an EP without vision and Y&R is a dull mess. It's time for Sony and the Bells to admit to themselves that the 'old team' is as good as it's going to get.

It's time to go begging on their hands and knees to Kay Alden and David Shaugnessy who are both in the Bell fold. It's curious that they aren't already back at Y&R, these ratings are so erratic and the show is in a creative slump.

• Members

I'm sure that's the case for some, but there are also ones like me who will still watch if our faves aren't on, but won't watch if certain despised characters are on. For example, Lucas is my favorite character on Days, but I still watched most days for the first 2 months of his "rest" because the show was thoughtful enough to backburner EJ. Once they unbackburnered EJ I tuned out on any episode where he was with Sami. With Lucas due back, I'll likely tune in, but EJ will still be getting FF'd whenever possible.

• Members

Poor GL. The 1.5 daily is its lowest ever. Things aren't looking up. And with the passing of the grand dame of daytime television, Beverlee McKinsey, icon of both AW and GL, it makes it all the sadder.

On a side note, I haven't seen an article on the passing of this great lady - unless I missed it. She deserved nothing less than a mention. May she rest in peace. She will never be forgotten.

• Members

these ratings prove how fickle GH viewers are. one minute were rising. the next fallowing week were falling. it has nothing to do with the show. it's about who's currently on. for example. the ratings started decreasing from 3.2 when Lorenzo was killed off. then when jasam broke up. allot of their fans said they would quit watching..so IMO it really depends on characters leaving...now when you think about ATWT/DOOL. you could have whoever on. and the ratings will stay the same. i noticed this. especially during sweeps. GH is the only soap to get a big gain. then when sweeps are over. the ratings are back to normal. yup fans are fickle alright.

• Members

I don't watch the show, because it stinks to me.

But, this was Days' ratings last week:

5. DAYS 2,884,000 (+162,000/+255,000)

Sure doesn't look like it stays the same no matter whose on to me. Just saying. :)

• Members

I know! You can't look away, can you?!

I only wish Fluffy were mine. I saw this icon in a forum in LJ and had to copy it. I lost my cat this past New Year's Eve and since then, I've found myself fascinated by the ways people capture the spirit of their pets whether canine, feline, or other. The look on Fluffy's face reminded me so much of my cat I just couldn't resist! I'm not one of those cat vs dog people. I love em all!

• Members

I agree but do the Daytime Emmys really do tributes? I can think of a number who've deserve tributes over the years and perhaps they've gotten them. I'll admit I don't watch. I don't watch any awards shows. (I used to work in radio and HAD to watch every awards show so that the morning show could cover it the next day.): Doug Marland (obviously), and Michael Zaslow (in spite of the way OLTL treated him), and Chris Bernau. I love to see Beverlee get the credit she deserves. And I'd like to see a mention of Nicolette Goulet. Frankly I think, the Daytime Emmys should do what the Oscars do and simply do an "In Memoriam" video not just for the actors but for behind the scenes folks too.

Of course maybe they do all this already. Like I said, I can't watch.

• Members

:o:o:o at 3.4 for Friday's Y&R!!!!

If the show continues to fall in the ratings as it has been, the day is coming fast and furious where B&B will overtake its spot in the ratings, despite B&B's drastic fall on some days too.

• Members

you don't watch the the show to make the comment about it stinks....but since you bring up the stink word.... I'll tell you what is cheesy and lame. when you have a so-called villain like Martino on DOOL. and the the whole killing scene happened "OFF-SCREEN"..lol...take notice at what happened to dr devlin a couple days ago on GH...when they have people killed... it happens ..'ON-SCREEN" so viewers can withness it..but that's just one of the reasons i find DOOL completely dull is the fact that when villains commit crimes..we never get to see it...now on to my next topic. i didn't say DOOL never gains viewers. but it does stay at that 2.1 mark. the last time DOOL was at 2.4 was around the time Tamera Braun first appeared on DOOL. the week after that they fell back down. the point is. the higher DOOL gets in ratings on a week to week basis is 2.2..other soaps dance around the 2.3/2.4 ..and sometimes 2.5...meanwhile DOOL is still 2.1 regardless if they use the whole cast or not. the characters IMO are painfully boring. well most of them anyway. except Nicole. i like her because she reminds me of..ex faith Rosco on GH. without the guns. and mobstress attitude. nicole has the funniest one liners on the show.

Archived