• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Great article. I'm glad she looks back at Nancy Drew and Dynasty with fondness. She left ND because they wanted to combine her series with the Hardy Boys full time. Pamela Sue looks a little bit like Valerie Harper as she has gotten older. 

• Members

I'm about to wrap up season 8 of my rewatch which has for the most part been more of a first watch. Something that surprised me as I'd missed it for all of these years was the mention of AIDS. While watching, I wondered if Reagan had even said the word publicly by that point. The scene between Blake and Steven felt uncharacteristically real and really snatched the confectionery quality out of my mouth. 

Lesley Carrington gets on my damn nerves.

It's weird how Amanda's existence is wiped by the repeated mention of Alexis' three children: Adam, Steven, and Fallon. I don't think the Oxenberg/Cellini situations were egregious enough to ignore Amanda's existence.

For me, Season 7 ushered in a feeling that the party was over. We'd seen the best years of the glitz and glam OTT Dynasty that made it famous. The death of La Mirage and the move to The Carleton, saying goodbye to Alexis' penthouse and hello to her career as the head of a newspaper... it felt like the show had gotten too expensive and was trying to transition into being more grounded which was less exciting. It still holds my attention, but the tone is undeniably different. I'm looking forward to seeing Sable again.