March 10-14, 2008

Toups

• Members

I mentioned this last week in the Y&R thread but most of last week was repetitive. Apparently many others thought so too. The ratings should go up next week because this week has been much better.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm kinda tired of the same old dance with the ratings. Things won't get better if creative changes aren't made. The industry is stagnant. It's time to get some talented newblood and some talented oldheads in here.

• Members

I could be wrong but I thought the record low was a 3.9. That was set when Jack Smith and Kay Alden were headwriters and it hadn't dipped below that since although that record low was tied several times. I could be wrong though. I just hope the ratings pick up next week because the show has been much better than has been in long time.

• Members

My problem with the Gudiing Light is I think that the Spaulding storyline is complete unrealistic and ridiculous. I don't see why Lizzie and Jonathan are afraid of Alan. If he kidnaps Sarah then just have him arrested!! And that's been the primary storyline since the new format began.

• Members

^Sadly, I think it's too late for that.

We've seen shows make changes. OLTL did and it's been raved about by press and many fans and where did it get them. Last place. They were doing better under Higley, which isn't saying much since she drove away fans but still. While this is probably nothing but a bump in the world for Y&R, the fact that it did drop off like this for one week is still telling in that one boring week can get you bad numbers. The ratings have no rhyme or reason to them. Shows have these good weeks and get nothing while the weeks they are slow they most of the time get rewarded. Days, while I know many here are down on it, is being praised at many boards by fans, especially long time viewers, and it's still getting them nowhere. The vets are back and nothing. Yes, it's not perfect but it's not like every story is horrendous on the show.

The ratings for this week will probably be better. Historically, the week CBS preempts it's soaps for basketball leads to good numbers for all since NBC and ABC pick up fans on Thursday and Friday and CBS only has 3 days to count. Hopefully, that happens because it seems like March the last few years has been atrocious for everyone.

Archived