March 10-14, 2008

Toups

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CBS took a helluva hit last week but then I remembered that basketball was on here during most of the CBS shows last Thursday and Friday and I'm sure the same happened in other markets, but OUCH to Y&R's fall. Hopefully next week is much better.

• Members

I'm not a big RC cheerleader and in fact stopped watching OLTL with him because it was boring. OK, I'm a liar. I stopped watching because he refuses to write for my favorite characters, which makes it boring to me. I hope that changes.

That being said, a couple of things must be considered IMO. Most of the shows -- Y&R being the exception -- are being written by SCABS right now. I put that in caps because I don't like SCABS. LOL. These shows are probably in a little bit of a holding pattern right now. EPs, even those as bad as Frank, probably aren't going to allow major story arcs to be launched while the main writer is on strike. Even Y&R is transitioning.

Add to that spring break and families taking little vacations and there is going to be drops.

Now, in coming days, I'll be watching March Madness on CBS too. i love March Madness. B) There is no question, however, daytime is in a world of hurt.

• Members

Ratings are always going to fall. Its inevitable, no matter who's writing. Soaps only get small bumps if they are good.

In defense of RC, Tomlin practically has his own stuff going on now. He just left RC's stuff up in the air after his first or second week, except for a few stories. It seems like the only stories of Ron's that Gary is continuing is Jared's being a buchanan scheme and Rex being Shane's father. Everything else seems like stuff Gary started up suddenly.

• Members

I agree. I think that soaps in their present incarnation have just run out of anything to offer. It might be better to start canceling them and starting from scratch.

On a another topic, Frons' contract must be some kind of magical document written in gorgon's blood and sealed inside Mt. Olympus because there's no explanation for that man to still have a job besides dark magic.

• Members

Forget the RC/GT debate. Fire Valentini. He's the common denominator of suck. He should have been out the door because of the Santi debacle. As for changes merely hiring a new writer was never going to be sufficient to fix all that was wrong with OLTL.

ABCD may have passed the point of no return.

Oh and of course why Frons still has a job is the mystery of the decade.

• Members

Yeah, I also noticed that unlike Ron, Tomlin doesn't use Addie that much, and there also a secret that Roxy was keeping that seems to have been dropped.

I'm curious Jess about what characters RC stopped writing for; that you liked? ;) Not trying to pick a fight or anything, just curious.

Archived