2. B&B 3,770,000

3. GH 3,592,000

4. OLTL 3,196,000

5. AMC 3,161,000

6. ATWT 2,952,000

7. DAYS 2,918,000

8. GL 2,633,000

9. PSNS 1,881,000

While every single soaps took a dip, ABC daytime took the biggest hit.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, I expected these numbers, a lot of the soaps were preempted last week due to the Spitzer coverage, at least in the NYC tri-state area, which is the biggest television market in the nation. Also, as someone else mentioned, March madness in a select markets.

Anyway, they're still bad, but I chalk the across the board falls on the preemptions mostly.

Anyway, should be interesting to see next week ratings, since the CBS soaps only aired 3 days this week.

• Administrator

Soaps ratings are NEVER going go up again. Every year, the average will continue to go down. There's just too much competition and new technology and less people watching television altogether.

Next year, the ratings will be WORSE than years. Then in 2010, the ratings will be worse than 2009.....etc.....

• Members

Last week during the week of March 10-14, 2008, many of the CBS television markets in the Southeast U.S. region pre-empted GL (according to CBS.com website last week about the pre-emption) on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday for the NCAA March Madness Event. They re-aired GL at 3am or 4am during those days which would impact the show. GL is quite popular in that region.

Also the former NY Governor Eliot Spitzer scandal pre-empted some of the CBS soaps late last week as Y&RWorldTurner has mentioned in previous post.

Now this week (March 17-21), all four CBS soaps will be not shown at all today and tomorrow since March Madness and the Easter Holiday is in full swing.

• Members

Here in SC our ABC affliate interupted it for one day (or maybe 2?) to see one of our state teams play against TN. OLTL, AMC, and GH were moved to air at 2 am in the morning. I haven't watched CBS soap in weeks so I'm not sure if they were interupted last week or not.

Archived