March 10-14, 2008

Toups

• Members

I'm pretty shocked by Y&R's numbers. I find the show coma-inducing of late, but no matter what the state of the show, the numbers are always pretty consistently in the 4.0-4.5 range. I hope this is not the start of a trend for that show. GH is a dark, dreary, and depressing mob-driven mess, and it really deserves what it's getting. What's there left to say about AMC? The Jesse/Angie stuff, though not as riveting as it had been, is still one of the more exciting stories playing in daytime right now, and the intertwining with the Tad/Adam/Krystal story is somewhat interesting, but the rest of the show remains a big WTF! And I'm convinced that that faux-film technique is a HUGE turnoff to viewers. As a poster mentioned in another thread, it takes away from the theatricality and immediacy that soaps need to convey. That was probably JHC's one contribution to the show, and it will go down as one of the worst mistakes in the show's history. OLTL is dull, but as usual it's caught in the low-rated net between AMC and GH in most markets. The quality could be sky high, but it will still be a bridge between 2 low-rated shows. DAYS has actually been pretty good, in a soapy way of late, with lots of family interaction resulting from the Bo story, but I guess that's not what viewers want to see on DAYS. They want Reilly-esque stories, and the show hasn't been telling those types of stories of late. Quality-wise, that's a good thing; ratings-wise, that's a different story.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ABC's all pretty much in the same boat here, as usual. The difference is OLTL is the only decent product.

It looks like the high from Higley's endless Viking funeral for Shawn/Bo/Chelsea is starting to dissipate too.

• Members

Wow these numbers are bad, but I expected them.

Y&R was preempted all last Friday in some of their bigger markets for basketball. I think Philadelphia was one of the markets and Y&R always does well there.

As to the OLTL thing, say what you want about it. I know it is not for everyone, but even under Gary Tomlin OLTL is still good for me. In fact for 2 weeks now it is the only soap I watch.

ATWT has sunk to all time new lows to the point I quit 2 weeks ago. I just cannot take the mess that has been made of that once great show. I never thought I would quit it. I had started back watching Days and AMC but both only have parts that interest me and I found myself fast forwarding the rest so just quit. Got bored with Y&R, B&B and GH so just quit. And GL I still love but due to my vertigo I can't watch it due to the shaky cameras. I can only watch a few minutes and then have to quit, but I still love the show.

Oh BTW hi to everyone.

• Members

From ABC's press release:

Top 5 Daytime Programs in Women 18-49 (rank based on rating)

Program Net Rtg/000s

The Young & the Restless CBS 1.8 /1.16 million

General Hospital ABC 1.5/1.01 million

Days of Our Lives NBC 1.3/886,000

The View ABC 1.3/878,000

Bold and the Beautiful CBS 1.3/878,000

One Life to Live ABC 1.3/858,000

All My Children ABC 1.3/857,000

• Members

Fringe Ratings Report: ABC Daytime Programming

Week of March 10-14, 2008

ABC Ranks No. 1 in Daytime in Target Women 18-49 Demo

For the Second Straight Week, ABC Delivers 4 of the Top 5

Ranking Daytime Programs in Women 18-49

This Week Marks the Tenth Week Running ABC

Places At Least 3 Programs Among the Week's Top 5

For the Tenth Consecutive Week, "The View" Stands

Among Daytime's Top 5 Most-Watched Programs

"General Hospital" Defeats Time Period Competitor CBS' "Guiding Light" by a Solid 24% in Women 18-49, 65% in Women 18-34 and 10% in Total Viewers

ABC Daytime

* ABC ranked as Daytime's No. 1 network in target Women 18-49 demo (1.4 rating/900,000).

* ABC delivered 4 of the week's Top 5 programs in Daytime in Women 18-49: "General Hospital" (#2 - 1.5 rating), "The View" (#3T - 1.3 rating), "One Life to Live" (#3T - 1.3 rating) and "All My Children" (#3T - 1.3 rating). This was the tenth week running ABC has owned at least 3 of daytime's Top 5 programs in the key Women demo.

* For the tenth consecutive week, "The View" stood among the Top 5 most-watched daytime programs in Total Viewers (#4 - 3.6 million).

* "General Hospital" defeated time period competitor CBS's "Guiding Light" (3:00 - 4:00 p.m.) by a solid 24% in Women 18-49 (1.01 million vs. 816,000), by 65% in Women 18-34 (323,000 vs. 196,000) and by 10% in Total Viewers (2.87 million vs. 2.60 million).

Following are the Daytime Lineup averages, plus Top 5 Programs Ranks - Week of Mar. 10-14, 2008:

Daytime Rank: Total Viewers Women 18-49 (Rtg/000s)

No. 1 CBS 3.89 million No. 1 ABC 1.4/900,000

No. 2 ABC 2.87 million No. 2 NBC 1.3/886,000

No. 3 NBC 2.64 million No. 2 CBS 1.3/882,000

• Members

CBS doesn't necessarily carry the conference tournaments so last week those tournaments could have been either on CBS, ABC, or NBC or possibly even on the CW depending on what an area's local affiliate did. CBS does carry the NCAA tournament which is happening this week so the CBS soaps are pre-empted for everyone this Thursday and Friday.

• Members

LMAO ABC Daytime is in a major freefall, if Frons, Guza, B&E, Carruthers, Phelps, et al aren't gone soon, ABCD is pretty much a goner.

Unless ABC wants it soaps gone for good, I can't think of one reason why Frons would still have a job with all 3 ABC soaps low rated, even Frons' precious GH

LMAO I wouldn't be shocked in all honesty. He's got to have something on someone, there's NO other explanation for him not having been fired by now <_<

Archived