March 3-7, 2008

Toups

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Ellen Wheeler is there for the duration, unless she chooses to leave of her own volition. P&G must love her. She probably comes dirt cheap compared to other producers, she's been able to keep the show afloat despite a less-than-shoestring budget, and she has been pretty inventive at marketing the show, what with the I-POD thing and the "Run's House" cross-promotion on MTV. Plus, she won the show an Emmy last year as best show. Whether GL is cancelled tomorrow or 5 years from now, I don't see her going anywhere, unless another show tries to snap her up. I wonder if she's being groomed as Goutman's replacement when he decides to leave ATWT.

• Members

Actually, I wouldn't mind a 30-day trial swap between Goutman and Wheeler. I feel as if both are probably really talented, efficient director/producers who are both equally burnt out on their own shows. Goutman has proven time and again he understands exterior location shoots, and Wheeler used to be one of ATWT's best directors. I honestly would love to see what each of them does with the other's show.

(Sorry to get off topic)

• Members

Completely agree with you about Goutman and Wheeler. As much as we complain, it's just remarkable what they're able to keep their shows up at all against the tide of catastrophic budget cuts. They are extremely talented people walking a very treacherous balance between creativity and corporate imperatives--imagine what they could do if they had some $$ thrown at them?

• Members

Completely agree with you about Goutman and Wheeler. As much as we complain, it's just remarkable that they're able to keep their shows up at all against the tide of catastrophic budget cuts. They are extremely talented people walking a very treacherous balance between creativity and corporate imperatives--imagine what they could do if they had some $$ thrown at them?

Archived