March 3-7, 2008

Toups

• Members

The CGI stuff was terrible but worse then that cutting out important information and leaving the majority of people confused is one reason the show needs to sink. More then likely the explosion (why wasn't this is February - perfect sweeps storyline. Maybe DAYS switched calendars with them since they are normally the ones that can't seem to figure out what month sweeps is in) back to my point the explosion better be edited better and not have someone under debris one day then running around town the next with no explanation on how they got out.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow.

I'm just... I'm speechless.

When all you can say is "Days up in HH's" and it's only a tenth of a point? And most shows come in at a 1.3 in the major demo that all advertisers look at? That speaks volumes.

I'm reaching a point where I'm starting to think the best thing that can happen is complete cancellation - and then a glorious rebirth in five years, starting from scratch, with a complete re-imagining of the genre. Because this is just... I don't even know what to say.

*sits in corner and sighs

• Members

Oh my gosh, poor OLTL! For a fantastic week last week(even though it was focused on Cole/Starr and the Mannings so I can see why the ratings might have fallen), I think they deserve a bit more of a bump but ah well.

Nice to see Days doing good, even though I think its been "okay" lately.

• Members

It seems like just about every show is clawing to be the one who is the most few inches from the bottom. Nothing except Y&R is really distinguishing itself with a major gain anymore. And given the quality of most of the soaps that's an appropriate analogy. Unfortunately, OLTL is one of only three or four that doesn't deserve to be down there AFAIC.

Maybe if they showed more copious flashbacks to pad the hour like AMC did...

• Members

Exactly what I was thinking, Vee. On one hand, it's nice to see some positive (and by positive, I mean "pluses") numbers, but on the other hand, NOBODY at any of these shows should be pleased with anything in these numbers. I don't think anyone should pat themselves on the back for not coming in last.

• Members

I'm actually glad that prediction didn't come to pass. (No offense, Toups) I feel like a lot of soaps have the "who cares? even bad publicity is good publicity" attitude these days, and they really need to snap out of that. No soap can benefit from bad publicity these days. These people need to get their sh!t together and start delivering some quality, not relying on fan campaigns to get them noticed.

• Members

Once again the Days trend continues...up one week, down the next, up the week after..Glad to see them rise in HH"s, but i still think they should have risen the week before with the funeral..and not necessarily last week..Days ratings are so confusing..

• Members

I really think this is pretty much where Days is going to even out. I see nothing in the previews that's going to give it a significant jump (or drop, for that matter) in the ratings. I think it's probably going to go up or down a tenth of a point, but stay at around a 2.2 in households and a 1.5 in demo's for the foreseeable future.

March is halfway over. I wonder when we'll hear from NBC?

• Members

Well I guess I'm going to have to be the one to say it: OLTL is EXACTLY where they deserve to be. They've chosen to focus on a very narrow audience and drive away everyone else just like the other ABC shows. AMC is all about Kendall and Ryan and GH is all about the mob. Ron has chosen to try and redo the 1990s. Well, I watched during the 90s, I don't need to see them again. If I want reruns, I'll watch TVLAND.

As unskilled as Higley was, Carlivati lacks creativity. But of course there are plenty of people who will trip all over themselves to give him a free pass because of the strike, conveniently ignoring the fact that the ratings were tanking before the strike.

Archived