Outstanding Lead Actor/Actress

Toups

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's strange....I'm so very glad that Days finally got a few acting noms. As a fan of this show who always feels frustrated and angry about the Emmy noms every single year, It shocked me to see four actors nominated. I was floored.

However, at the risk of seeming ungrateful and picky, why didn't the best performers get nods? Martha, Dee and Joe were outstanding. ESPECIALLY DEIDRE!!! Her scenes during John's "death" were perfectly executed! I keep up with most of the soaps, and I watch almost any 'big' event in daytime. There were many great performances in daytime this year that weren't recognized, but Dee's is the most glaring omission IMO.

She hasn't been nominated in over two decades, and if she deserved a nod ever, she deserved it this year. Not just because she's a diva.....because she acted her @!# off last fall.

• Members

I'm not surprised, because having read through the past few years of nominations, I see how twisted the Emmys are. I mean, they're rediculous really. And to quote a certain someone who should have the gold in the bag but won't, it's a numbers and popularity game. Pure and simple.

Just because someone said they didn't put their name on there doesn't mean their bosses can't do it for them, over their heads. I think someone said Ed Scott put Deidre's name on there because he was so impressed.

• Members

GL's Crystal and Nicole had a bang-up year, Y&R Michelle had a ho-hum year which should've been DAY's Deidre Hall. AMC's Bobbie is not a good actress IMO because she cannot carry a role with weak writing from AMC whereas GL actors can, if AMC shapes up their writing it would definetly help Bobbie. I can see that Nicole could be the dark horse of this race because the Tammy's death storyline propelled her to the finest showcase with help from her co-stars Robert Newman (Josh), Kim Zimmer (Reva), and Tom Pelphrey (Jonathan). But I put my poker chips on a la Crystal.

GH's Tony Geary and Y&R's Chris LaBlanc were extremely overrated this past year and had a ho-hum year, they both did NOT deserve nominations. Y&R's Eric Braeden and GL's Ron Raines's should be getting their nominations. DAYS's Thaoo was a total surprise yet welcoming, he's a charming actor.

• Members

I think Katherine Kelly Lang was very deserving of a nomination. She had a stellar year and even though I may bitch about B&B they deserved the nomination for best show too. I didn't really start watching GL until this year so I can't really judge for 2007. Also, I started watching AMC in November 2007 but I love David Canary so I am happy. I must add I am happy Passions got four nominations. Sorry to see it go, but glad it was somewhat recognized.

• Members

The daytime community should realize that if they want to stop seeing Jeanne Cooper snatch a nomination from someone more deserving (MTS, KKL for example) they need to give her the Emmy that she's been after for 35 years. I guarantee you once Jeanne Cooper won she'd pull her name from consideration. She wants to win a competitive Emmy, the Lifetime Achievement Award is not enough.

She had some decent tapes this year (Kay tells Jill she stole her baby, Clear Springs, a few exchanges with Amber about the past)...Just give it to her. The lady is turning 80 this fall, just do it.

Michelle Stafford, as a nominee, shocks me, she phoned it in all year long. I can't imagine what tapes she has.

And Christian LeBlanc...there are no words. I'm stunned, again.

Archived