Outstanding Lead Actor/Actress

Toups

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am thrilled Jeanne Cooper won. It was the highlight of last night's show. If I'm not mistaken, Jeanne had more nominations (1989-1992, 1999, 2000, 2007, 2008) in the lead actress category before winning than anyone not named Susan Lucci.

• Members

That's what I was thinking too! She's right behind La Lucci when it comes to snubs...so I'm of course thrilled that she won. And from her tapes, it wasn't a pity win. Her submissions were solid. Both of them. That had been Jeanne Cooper's problem the last few years. One tape was great, the other was garbage (except when she went supporting in 2005 with Katherine's Intervention, how she lost to Natalie Livingston I'll never understand). This time she got both tapes just right.

And not to beat down on Maura West or Nicole Forrester (who are both talents to be sure) but they could have seemed a bit happier for Jeanne's win. Crystal Chappell shot out of her damn chair before anyone else did and gave a really enthusiastic round of applause (Michelle Stafford did too, but only after recovering from her shock at Jeanne's win)...Nicole Forrester was just giggling and clapping while Maura West was sitting there (she never stood up while the rest of the crowd did) mildly clapping and looking bored. Was she sick?

Finally, is Jeanne the oldest actress to win a Daytime Emmy?

Archived