OLTL Discussion: Week of February 11th

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked the build up to the Go Red Ball. Watching Layla, Adriana, Talia and Sarah getting dressed while the men waited outside was kind of cute.

Everyone looked very beautiful in their gowns and the men very handsome in their attire. Loved Viki's dress, they finally put her in something that was very flattering to her. Also, I liked Natalie, Adriana and Sarah in their dresses. Charlie looked quite handsome in his tux.

Poor Starr, I felt bad for her after she went off on Langston and Cole, but then I got over it because you can see that they are growing closer. I wonder if Starr is going to go ape you know what again when they truly do fall for each other. I loved the conversation between Starr and Todd, I've always liked their relationship.

It surprised me that Jess came clean with Nash, now what is he going to do with his information and will anyone else find out that it was Jess and Natalie that sprung Allison from St. Ann's.

I LOVED seeing Charlie finally fed up with Jared and his attitude, and I cannot wait to see what he says to him today.

Looking forward to more of the ball and Mary J. Blige.

• Members

Starr is such a little bitch. I mean don't get me wrong, I can see why she would be suspicious, but given how many "misunderstandings" her parents have gone through, she should have given Cole the benefit of doubt.

I loved the Todd/Star conversation yesterday. It's scenes like these that remind me why I'm a fan of Todd. He's flawed, but he loves his children to death. The fact that he didn't automatically assume she was talking about Cole and threatening to kill him shows Todd has at least a little bit of maturity, lol.

• Members

I can't stand Starr but I guess I'm not suppose to since they're obviously going there with Cole and Langston. When it does happen then she'll decide to give them the benefit of the doubt since she was wrong before. :rolleyes:

I hate Charlie.

• Members

Finally got a chance to watch yesterdays show, the BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXCITING!

All the women look beautiful and the men look handsome. I enjoyed watching the women get ready while the men talked outside waiting for them to get ready.

Yesterday though was basically the set up for todays big showdown with Viki/Jared, Todd/Gigi/Rex, and Viki/Dorian oh and let us not forget Crazy Alison!

MJB performance I know will rock, can't wait to see todays eppy at 1 :D

• Members

LOVED today's episode!!!!

It was fantastic, and a great way for Gary Tomlin to start off. I really am excited to see what he brings us in Llanview, but I have a feeling it will be the exact greatness that RC has brought us everyday, because as I said in the Directors and Writers thread the transition was FLAWLESS!

• Members

WOW! Friday's ep was EXCELLENT!!

I LOVE MJB. That woman is amazing! She rocked it!

I'm ready for Cole/Langston, personally-- they're cute.

The conversation between Jared and Charlie was stellar. Very realistic-- so much emotion. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I figured the mayor would go after Bo's his badge, but the new commish-- OMFG! :o This should be VERY interesting (I kinda figured that's who it would be when he started introducing him).

I would be interested in the whole Alison thing, but I wasn't watching OLTL at that time, so I don't the details as to what went down.-- so I kinda don't care. I hope somehting bad happens to Jessica-- I can't stand her. Nat isn't nearly annoying as she used to be.

Overall: excellent Friday cliffhanger episode. Above par writing lately. Much props.

• Members

They are trying too hard to make Jared a sympathetic character but I like him. We finally got see a great dynamic between he and Charlie today that drives that relationship home. Of course, they dropped hints that Jared has a sibling so there's always the chance that he/she will be introduced in the future.

I talked about this in another OLTL thread, but right now the only character I can't stand is Nora though I do like that they've changed up her character post-coma. It was needed and while it doesn't work for me, it elevates her back into the Vicki/Dorian level.

I'm also enjoying Fath proving that she actually has some acting talent. All the haters of her as Mimi only have Days' bad writing to blame.

OLTL has been doing an excellent job of not trying to stick every storyline on every show and it's working to their benefit. And they're cleverly having storylines and their participants overlapping without anything being too over-written or over-the-top.

• Members

I've been in SONland for a while, so I have some catching up to do.

OLTL is THE best soap on TV, and one of the best shows on TV in general. Day in and day out, I look forward to watching it and enjoying every second of it!

This past week...loved all the stuff with the preparations for the Go Red Ball, and I'm also loving that crazy bitch Allison. She's awesome! What I also love about the show is that we see character interactions that you wouldn't expect. There was a scene between Markko and Roxy that I absolutely loved. Who would expect them to ever have a scene together? I also love that the entire contract cast is seen at least once a week, while most of the recurring characters also get ample airtime.

That said, please quote me on this: I hate the Mannings. Todd is a selfish idiot who just has to have his way all the time, and he does nothing for anyone else unless the anyone else is his family. He's a complete and total jerk and his death would be greatly appreciated by me. There was a scene either last week or the week before where he tried to boss Dorian around, but it only took her about two seconds to hand him his ass. Blair...ugh. When she's a Cramer, with Dorian and Addie, she's great. But when she's being Todd's bitch, not so much. I love that Tommy pitches a fit when she tries to mother him. He knows she's annoying as hell too.

And Starr......hate her. Hate her. Hate her. That's what happens when two dumbasses raise a kid. She's spoiled, selfish, inconsiderate, and wants everything to go her way. She jumped to conclusions about Cole and Langston, then she completely went off on them, and now she's being rewarded by a big birthday party and performance by Mary J. Blige. I'm sorry, but if I were Cole and Langston, and that bitch went off on me like that, I would have called the party off in a New York minute and sent her ass back to La Boulaie

I love Jared to death. I never fell for the bad boy act on soaps and I've always thought it was lame, but he's so...he's so devious, but at the same time so charming, and together, it makes him very seductive. Can we say wild animal sex all over the Buchanan mansion?

• Members

Friday cliffhanger was great!

Nora "Oops" then on all fours, I have a feeling Lindsay is ready to pounce on her to keep her secret hidden.

What the hell is Roxy hiding that she was begging and pleading?

Adriana is so jealous, I hope we get a Gigi/Adriana catfight before Adriana leaves town for good!

Totally a shocker, cannot believe I am going to say this but Sarah singing and the both of them dancing was cute. 1st time I actually smiled EVER watching the boring couple, not today though.

I feel so bad for Natalie.

Crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy Allison gots a gun on Jessica, shoot her! ;)

Ohhhhhhhhhh and Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Mary J. Blige kicked ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! AWESOME PERFORMANCE! THANK YOU to the Director for not showing Cole dancing!! :lol:

• Members

Anyone else think that Jessica's gotten RIDICULOUS? What kind of shenanigans can she get into next? Faking mental illness, electing to stay in a mental hospital, breaking the psycho who kidnapped her as a child out of the nut house... the list goes on. I really enjoy it, but I hope they don't go too overboard. I like how Nash is there to bring her back down to earth a little bit.

Ramsey's police commissioner! I can't wait to see how he treats Antonio and Talia...

Archived