Y&R Spoiler confirmation request

• Members

Apparently SOW this week is reporting (per Willow on Usenet) that after Kay's mini-stroke, she'll "retire", and let Jill run Chancellor while Nikki runs Jabot.

Okay. I can buy that.

Is SOW also reporting that (a) a blood test will reveal that Jill is NOT Kay's daughter (and therefore Cane is not Kay's grandson), but (B) one of Kay's family lines was the "Moore" line, and Amber Moore is RELATED to Katherine?

Please tell me if this latter rumor is true. I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, it would finally anchor Kay in the Y&R canvas. On the other hand (though Dee Dee hates it), I'd much rather have seen Amber rooted to the Williams family, through Andrea Evans (who played Y&R's Patty Williams and B&B's Tawny Moore, and could therefore be the SAME PERSON...with Tawny being the identity she assumed after leaving Y&R).

Can someone confirm the Amber-Kay tie, and the Jill-Kay non-related status (finally!!!!!)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If this is true.... OMG.

I mean I am less than thrilled to see Amber tied to Kay or anyone. I mean I want Amber gone like yesterday....

but Jill and Kay as mother and daughter undone HELL TO THE YES!!!

Tis when Y&R officially jumped the shark for the first time, and started it gradual downfall. Smith was on crack to think that would be a good thing for Y&R. It killed daytimes best rivalry, Katherine and Jill!

• Members

Kay doesn't need to be anchored.

She's [Dear God In Heaven] Katherine Freakin Chancellor [/Dear God In Heaven]!

Andrea Evans was not, is not & never will be Patty & Amber doesn't need to be related to anyone on the show.

If she absolutely MUST stay on the show she belongs right where she is now...on the fringe.

• Members

If keeping Amber (who I detest even though Jeanne Cooper really brings out the best in Adrienne Frantz) means that Jill and Katherine can get back to being each others nemesis and NOT mother and daughter...with that added bonus that Cane isn't really Phillip...well it's an offer I can't refuse.

• Members

Well, but that is a fascinating revelation, Khan.

Jeanne has been measured in her praise of LML in the soap press (except in July 2006, when she lambasted LML for underuse, specifically, of the Kay, Jill and Ashley characters).

If Jeanne is now wishing for the undo of the Jill-Kay daughter-mother arc, we are not alone. I think it WILL happen some day.

• Members

When you say this about Andrea, you're saying you didn't like her in the Patty Williams role? 'cause she _did_ play Patty.

Maybe you're saying that you preferred her predecessor, Lilibet Stern, in that role? If that is your point, I totally agree. I actually wasn't so impressed with Andrea in the Patty role.

However, I keep harping on this BECAUSE it would be a really neat way to give Amber some roots and ties. (And yes, that means I want her to stay...which I realize puts me in a minority). And because I am genuinely interested to know what happened to Patty. On this latter score, they could recast Patty, and I wouldn't mind. But the unique possibility of bringing back Andrea Evans, so she can link B&B and Y&R, would be very delicious to me. I love cross-overs.

• Members

Pretty much.

Yep.

But Amber doesn't need pre-existing ties. What she does need is proper motivation.

If she were able convince Lauren to allow her to sell her designs at Fenmore's that would be a good start.

Me either. But she needs to be played by LS or Kristina Wagner.

• Members

For me, making Jill and Kay not mother/daughter now would be pointless. The thing that that relationship killed was the dynamics of them as enemies. It allowed them to bodn and grow to love each other. So waht if they arent related? They still have that connection and have come a long way. Kay looks at Jill as her daughter and Jill looks as Kay as her mother. That wont instantly change bc of some new DNA revelation. I dont see tehm becoming enemies again and if it did happen, it would be a huge step backwards for both characters. The damage was already done and all they can do is move on forward instead going back

• Members

I don't want to see Amber related to Katherine. PERIOD.. Not.At.All. The character of Amber should be where she belongs, back in Los Angeles stirring up mess for the Forresters...

I've never truly liked Amber on Y&R....

They don't need to be going down the line again in determining if Kay and Jill are mother and daughter...If they did the story right, they could have had Jill and Kay still sparring as of old and still be related..... why back pedal now after they messed up history to begin with.

• Members

You're right, except.

If the spoiler that

is true, then we see the build of an enemy arc.

Jill feels less loved, because she has to share with Nikki. Superimpose on that the loss of her mother, and Jill will become a raging, jealous maniac.

From this, conflict can emerge.

If, IN THE BACKDROP, there is affection between Jill and Kay..even better. I ALWAYS believed there was an underlying affection anyway (as when Jill and Kay worked together to bring down Nina, or when Jill helped Kay through her breast cancer scare).

I am surprised how passionately I want this mother-daughter thing undone. But I really, really do. It would mean that we're not only dialing back many of LML's mistakes..but a few of Jack Smith's too!

• Members

See this what I'm talking about! Undoing Kay and Jill's DNA mess and reigniting the feud is easy! Also, I totally agree with you MarkH, there has ALWAYS been an affection between Kay and Jill, it's a feud...Kay and Jill hate each other because they see so much of what they dislike in themselves in each other and you know what they say between that thin line between love and hate. And yes towards the late 80s Jill and Kay did get along when they found a common enemy: Nina. It was only after Phillip died that things began to go downhill again (but still, they hated Nina even more than each other).

Finally, we're talking about Jeanne Cooper and Jess Walton...these are two of the finest actresses ever to hit daytime, they can turn anything into something watchable (they did it with LML's bullsh*t). I would happily suspend my intelligence for a few months if it meant that the DNA debacle could be undone!

Archived