AMC: Monday (1/21) Discussion

• Members

Sometimes, it boggles my mind how otherwise intelligent people can get so worked up over four of the dullest characters in AMC's long history. Don't get me wrong: they annoy the heck out of me, too. But come on, people. We are missing the bigger issue here: Angie is back! (And so is Jesse!)

You can have your Rylees and Zendalls. At last, a part (a tiny part, but still...) of my AMC has returned.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Casey it has been a while since you posted...AMC is definitely getting more diverse now with a lot of African American on the show. You must be pleased :)

And they are all represented well...a doctor, a police officer (Jesse probably will return and go back to working as a cop), a politician (Mario Van Peebles' character), a mature teen, police chief, lawyer, and not sure what Frankie will do-go back to being a doctor?

• Members

I didn't know Angie returned in 95 :)

Hmmm I must have been watching a different version of AMC, can you send me copies of the version you obviously watched? Zendall were far from the focus for an entire year :rolleyes: They had 1 storyline that was about them last year, and that ended in February. Crash was about Greenlee and no one else...

From Feb. to July they were pretty much backburnered......

• Members

Wow, I vaguely, remember them, but then again I'm only 29! Anyway, was Nancy the one whom Jesse was living with? I think I remember an episode where Jesse was sneaking out of the house to meet Angie and Nancy was questioning his whereabouts. Was that her?

• Members

Ah so she's the band girl? We saw her babysitting once before I think but I was confused lol. But how did Richie know, when he didn't even know where Annie left to or if she did, that she'd be at Wildwind (and isn't ti harder to get past their security)?

Still I loved the Richie scenes. The RyAnnie stuff was dull (where is this stable they had to fly to anyway?) but... I actually enjoyed nearly everything else today (even the Colby/Dre stuff actually)

Debbi came back and is already giving the role all she has--I even really enjoyed Quentin/Fankie for the first time today.

I also liked that they did mention about Jacob for us Loving/City fans (I know i'm in th eminority but I still kinda wishthey'd just bring him back instead of Jesse who we've seen as a ghost, but I guess they'd then have to explain all of Jacob's history why he's a double etc)--and they mentioned Cassandra she was the white babythey adopted at the end of City rigth? or am I mixing things up.

Debbi was my fave actor on Loving/City and I'm SOO glad to have her back--and I feel, as much as I complain about B&E right now without them we probw oulda never gotten her or Darnell back--back during City Barbara E often said she was one of her fave actors to write for, and they had all but been forgotten on AMC (though I like that Tad mentioned hims till being in touch etc).

I do feel that this Friday is almsot too soon to bring Jesse back so I hope it's handled well and slowly...

E

• Members

Yep right before or after, can't remember, Loving became City and her character moved to New York. But (I just rewatched those week long eps over Dec when i was sick) I think she has 4 words--there were so many old characters in that house that you could hardly tell who was all there (though it was great don't get me wrong).

Wasn't the role briefly recast when Debbi first left (to go to Generations, pre her character coming back to Loving which I thought was poorly done in as much that she never went to AMC between--to tell the AMC audience essentially she'd be on Loving)? I thought so, I know Debbi was mad that her intteracial romance with that Doctor (nina's on and off again husband) was cut short due to fan reaction disliking it.

• Members

Wildwind's security has always sucked. Remember when that one British chick came to kill Aidan back in 2003 and she was tied to this idiot named Julian? Aidan was accused of killing his wife...they just pranced on and around Wildwind without being asked for identification and what not but yet one had revenge on his mind with a gun and the other was a hired killer.

They are worse than the Keystone cops in my home town (the one I was raised, not the one listed on my profile)

• Members

I TOTALLY FORGOT THAT. That was shortly after Aiden was introduced right--under Culliton? Or maybe not--did anythign happen from it? I remember the one actress really well but not the story.

or of course there was the time Gillian was shot... And other examples. Still how did Richie knwo she'd be there? Why didn't they just have the babysitter looking after her at Annie's--where he'd look first anyway?

Re Wildwind I do liek the idea of Julia turning it into a free clinic (and they even mentioned English house from the old days when she said that--aww)--and I could picture maybe Angie being the main dopctor there--kinda like the free urban clinic her and Jacob ran in City.

Oh well. Speaking of Richie though--weren't him and Janet gonna team up? Was that dropped?

• Members

The stuff with Aidan and him murdering the dude's wife (which he was exonerated for) was under Rayfield/Cascio

I am not sure what is up with Ritchie/Janet....All I know is that she returns and would help him bust out of the psych ward (but he just got released) but that Is all I can remember. I have not seen a thing on if Kate Collins will appear in any episodes for 2008

Archived