AMC: Monday (1/21) Discussion

• Members

Angie!!! Debbi was AMAZING. I loved her scenes with Tad in the car, and when she saw it was Frankie in the hospital beds. I think AMC is already turning around and I enjoyed this episode. Zach/Greenlee, Dre/Colby, Ryan calling Annie Kendall! Wow, this is exactly what AMC needs and I can't wait for Jessie.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, it was, with Saundra "Hangin' with Mr. Cooper" Quarterman. If I'm not mistaken, her Angie was involved w/ William Christian's Derek Frye; Count Stovall's character, Cal Cummings; and Sharla Valentine, played by Tichina Arnold.

Really? I've always assumed Cliff and Angie's romance was cut short, because the network got proverbial cold feet.

• Members

I've read in a few places that it was fan reaction that gave ABC Daytime the cold feet, really upsetting Debbi (I believe ABC Daytime was ok with going with it until fan reaction--which to be fair probably had something to do, as well as the race thing, with arguably AMC's two biggest super couples of the 80s being mixed--even if Nina and Jesse were off the canvas). Still of course ABC coulda just used that as an excuse and I'm sure in a way it was...

Wow, I wasn't aware that the Debbi recast lasted long enough to be tried out with so many other characters--they were smart to already have a new black family in place (the Fryes) by then

Archived