2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Administrator

I don't believe this writer has written DAYS before. He/she is a long time daytime writer whose credits go back to at least the early 80's. Let's see how good your writers-knowledge is and how well you can connect-the-writers. ;)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmmm, you also said this pick is surprising. Could Meg Bennett be coming back from her imposed hiatus? Though, of course, she wouldn't be a HW this time around.

I know Meg's writing career stretches back to the early 80's and she knows Tomlin and Whitesell from SuBe.

But, has this person been actively involved in daytime over the past 3 years?

• Members

Ah....part of me agrees with you...but I don't want us stuck in the past. I'm trying to have a little faith in the hoices this team makes. They do want to keep the pacing more dramatic, and the writing lighter/faster/defter/more comedic. (I know the "faster" is controversial...but that has clearly been the CBS/Sony mandate since LML was hired).

Other writers were reviled before they showed up on Y&R (e.g., Amanda Beall), but they've done fine under this regime.

Others are playing, but some of us haven't a clue.

• Members

I'm scared by another FOG. I mean, how many more people from TWO canceled shows (SuBe and Passions) can end up working on a show that needs to clean up its act in eighteen months?!

Not saying the third time can't be the charm... but I'm not holding my breath.

• Administrator

Friend of Gary's.

Here are the clues again:

- never written for daytime

- experience tv writer

- ties to the Y&R writing staff

The Y&R arrival is so easy.....and by saying it's easy makes it obvious. LOL

• Administrator

DaytimeFan and Khan are the winners!

Cherrill's in at DAYS replacing Linda Pointdexter-Brown, and DMS is in at Y&R.

I really like the Cherrill addition. For some reason I have mental note that he's good. I guess I must've liked his OLTL scripts, but I don't remember it. LOL

Archived