2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They are the same person. (Don't aks me how I know, I just do.) Just like Eric L. Roberts and Eric Freiwald are the same person (Friewald's been a scriptwriter for Y&R for years, longer than anyone currently on the Y&R writing team. For many of his early years he went with Eric L. Roberts, then in the mid-eighties, I think, he went with Eric Freiwald. Not sure why, exactly, but there you have it.)

• Members

SOAPSFOREVER is correct. The two Davids are the same person. I think the reason ( ::dusting off the cobwebs on my brain:: ) had something to do with David being both a script editor and breakdown writer (or maybe even a SW) at the same time on (I think) OLTL. He wanted to be credited twice. Someone (WGA or OLTL producers) basically told him to suck it. Not sure why. So he asked to be credited under two names :rolleyes: and that was somehow approved.

• Members

And SEARCH FOR TOMORROW! Don't forget SFT! (Must I keep that torch alive alone, lol?)

As for the others...?

Right off the bat, I can tell you, Sam Ratcliffe passed away sometime in the early- or mid-'90's (although, had he still been alive, I would've pegged him for sure).

Also, I've never regarded King or Pinsker as FOG's. Judith Donato comes closer to being a FOG; however, she was one of the nine-or-so writers under Hogan and Dena whom Ken Corday canned after the strike. If anything, Judith Pinsker - who, btw, I've read has retired - is a FOC (for "Friend of Claire (Labine)").

Speaking of Tom King, what happened to him after AW's cancellation? Has he retired, too?

Thanks to brimike, SOAPSFOREVER and GladGirl for answering the "Is Cherrill Colson?" question! Much appreciated!

• Administrator

Thanks for the confirmation, SF and GG.

So Eric L. Roberts is Friewald? I had no idea too. I gotta update Friewald's profile to include Roberts!

So are there any other writers with multiple names? LOL

He went over to OLTL in 1999 and left in 2002 (possibly 2003 since the earliest month I have is May 2003).

• Administrator

Maybe Soapsforever knows what's up.

Janet was still listed in the breakdowns, so maybe she's just temporarily helping out with scripts cause I think they lost Fran Myers and Gary Tomlin about the same time, or maybe people's vacation played a factor.

Gotta add my love for Fred Johnson too. What a great addition to the OLTL team.

Archived