2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love how people talk about wanting "new blood", then accuse new writers of being "fake names" made up when they don't recognize them. LOL!

(No offense to anyone here - I see it happen on a lot of boards. Just making an observation, not a criticism.)

And yeah - Sharon and Scott are definitely both real people.

And Khan - why should 2008 be any different from 2007? Or 2006? Or 2005?

It's a constant round-and-round when ratings don't go up. Everyone needs a scapegoat, so they keep the revolving door going until that mythical "perfect staff" is found that brings back the fans (although most of us know that's never going to happen - TPTB still haven't given up that hope)

• Members

Good point, lol. Truth is, there's always chaos whenever it comes to the hiring and firing of writers in daytime. Still, it just seems to me that there's been more of it this year than usual. (Not going on any actual data, mind you, just offering an opinion.)

• Administrator

DAYS:

- Linda Poindexter-Brown last listed as Script Writer on December 9

- Jeanne Marie Ford first listed as Script Writer on December 11

I'll have data on the numbers of comings/goings from the past couple of years. :)

• Administrator

B&B - December 10th episode

Steffy (crying): Can you hear me? Can you feel me? Can you feel me up there? Can you feel me? (She gets up on the ledge) Can you feel me up there? Can you feel me? Phoebe, are you up there? I can feel you. You were always the star. And now you’re up there in the sky, and you really are a star. No matter how far apart we are, we will always be a part of each other. You’re still with me. I can still feel you. A beautiful star.

:lol:

• Members

It's a three year contract, not a three year cycle, Alvin.

The LONGEST cycle for script writers is 26 weeks (I think only one or two head writers get 52 week cycles anymore, and I'm not even sure they get those at this point.)

No way does anybody have a three-year cycle. If I'm wrong, I'll happily eat my words, but I can't imagine any network would allow someone to be guaranteed payment for 156 weeks.

I don't even know what to say. This is just embarrassing.

Archived