2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I think Peter will stay on the west coast. I'd place my bet on Jim Sayegh or Karen Wilkens, who were both based on the east coast before joining Passions, reuniting with Lisa at AMC (yeah, if she is indeed going to AMC).

• Members

Yup - which probably means Ron isn't writing breakdowns anymore (Good - he can focus on laying out long story), OR the other breakdown writers don't have to pull double duty and write two breakdowns a week (also good - then they won't be overworked and deliver episodes of lesser quality)

• Members

David Cherrill (aka David Colson) was on the dialogue staff list today (12/26 US) on "Days."

Biography:

David Cherrill (born Christopher David Colson) started his career in the 1970s as an actor, most notably as Tom Hughes on "As the World Turns." He has been a writer since 1981, working on "As The World Turns" (1981, 1998-1999), "Search For Tomorrow" (1982-1983), "Another World" (1984-1989) and "One Life to Live" (1995-1997, 2001-2004). Cherrill has six Daytime Emmy nominations (1985, 1989, 1994, 1995, 1996 and 2002), winning in 1994. He uses his wife's first name, Cherrill, as his last name. They have two daughters, Katherine and Emily. Cherrill was born on December 23, 1941 in Detroit, Michigan.

• Administrator

Thanks for the bio, Jason.

I would be more excited for David if he (and the rest of the team) had more opportunities to write good scenes. Sadly, they won't have the chance to many good scenes. Ever since Higley began, there still hasn't been one scene where I wanted to type out the dialogue because the scene was just amazing. :(

I forgot to tape the end credits on CBS (the canadian credits didn't air the old credits :(). Can someone make screen caps of the end credits, so I can type it out? :)

Don't know if Jennifer is Richard's daugther, but I think it's safe to assume they're related.

• Members

Here are the credits...

Created by

William J. Bell

&

Lee Phillip Bell

Producer

Tom Lagan

Director

Heather H. Hill

Written by

William J. Bell

Kay Alden

John F. Smith

Jerry Birn

Thomas D. Walker

Associate Producer

Nancy Bradley Wiard

Executive Producer

Ed Scott

Senior Executive Producer

William J. Bell

Copyright 1989 :D

Cool...thanks for the confirmation.

• Members

Since this is the last day this thread is relevant for the year, I guess it doesn't make sense to post this, but whatever...

Mike Stitch directed the 1/2/09 episode of Y&R, his first actual/non-location shoot episode for the show.

CBS made a mistake and posted the 1/2/09 episode on their YouTube account. LOL!

StichYR.jpg

Archived